Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

The 10 Top-Earning Taiwan/ese Singers of 2009

+12
IHS
sze92
kriztetalovesxioazhu
jhesa43
taiwanlover
miakaloveshow
asiaticlily
annakebana
xiangxuanlin
o_ost1nao_o
avondale09
xzoe
16 posters

Go down

The 10 Top-Earning Taiwan/ese Singers of 2009 Empty The 10 Top-Earning Taiwan/ese Singers of 2009

Post by xzoe Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Source: UDN
Translation: Sarah @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Singers sacrifice their life, their privacy, their freedom and their love life in exchange for applause from fans & hundreds of millions of revenue. This year, Jay Chou tops the list once again.

1. Jay Chou: estimated earnings = $554million
6 commercial events = $28.8million
7 concerts = $140million
9 endorsements = $270million
2 films (The Treasure Hunter & The Green Hornet)= $115million

2. S.H.E: estimated earnings = $360million
20 endorsements = $200million
24 commercial events & concerts = $150million
book ‘3 Spas of Love’ & Ella’s idol drama ‘Down With Love’ = $10million

3. Jolin Tsai: estimated earnings = $350million
24 commercial events = $82.2million
2 concerts = $7.8million
11 endorsements = $230million
album sales = $20million
nail shop + own clothing brand = $10million

4.Leehom Wang: estimated earnings = $270million
15 commercial events = $30million
12 endorsements = $200million
10 concerts = $40million

5. Mayday: estimated earnings = $268million
5 commercial events = $10million
24 concerts = $76.8million
10 endorsements = $115million
merchandise = $5million

6. Wilber Pan: estimated earnings = $266.55million
20 commercial events = $72.5million
3 concerts = $21.15million
7 endorsements = $173.9million

7. Angela Zhang: estimated earnings = $246million
30 commercial events = $111.6million
8 endorsements = $88million
album sales = $5million

8. Show Luo: estimated earnings = $220million
20 commercial events = $45million
5 concerts = $15million
10 endorsements = $150million
2 dramas (Hot Shot & Hi My Sweetheart) = $6.5million
album sales (overseas edition) = $20million

9. A-mei Zhang: estimated earnings = $158.8million
25 commercial events = $91.95million
8 concerts = $26million
2 endorsements = $30.85million
album sales = $10million

10. Elva Hsiao: estimated earnings = $100million
12 commercial events = $30million
5 endorsements = $60million
album sales = $10million

note: all figures are in New Taiwan Dollars (NT$)
xzoe
xzoe
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 268

http://pinkicicles.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The 10 Top-Earning Taiwan/ese Singers of 2009 Empty Re: The 10 Top-Earning Taiwan/ese Singers of 2009

Post by avondale09 Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:15 pm

$6 million USD? Although that's more money than I'll ever see in my lifetime, I was pretty positive he made a lot more than that... Didn't he make almost a million just off that commercial with the yellow shorts? Well money isn't important, I just thought he made more than that. I'm just very happy that our man is a top ten earner, he definitely, definitely deserves it =)
avondale09
avondale09
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1438

https://www.facebook.com/inbox/?drop&ref=mb#/profile.php?id=6

Back to top Go down

The 10 Top-Earning Taiwan/ese Singers of 2009 Empty Re: The 10 Top-Earning Taiwan/ese Singers of 2009

Post by o_ost1nao_o Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:40 pm

^ i'm also pretty sure he made more than that. almost positive.. but of course they wouldn't be releasing all the figures.. LoL he'll get kidnapped! haha Smile

it's better that they stuck him where he is in the ranking xD LoL .. kinda like.."ooh he made it into the top 10" but at the same time "ok, but if i needed to b|ackmai| a celebrity, i'd choose someone that made EVEN MORE money" LoL.. Smile

I think they have the "drama" figures wrong, but it's okay Smile

and come on, may day has "merchandise" listed, don't tell me Show has no merchandise.. LoL..

and STAGE (clothes brand) btw? cuz jolin has "nail shop + clothing line".. but i mean obviously if they stuck that all in for Show as well, he made also a shitton there. LoL

lmfao. SHE isn't even "A singer," they're 3.. so if you divide the number by 3, and plus 10 million of it only to ella, they'd be at the bottom of the list, listed separately. hahah x)

low-key, low-profile is good Smile this way no one can steal him from us ;D

Smile

o_ost1nao_o
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3380

https://love4show.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by avondale09 Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:57 pm

lol good point, good point... he is safer this way hahaha.
avondale09
avondale09
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Back to top Go down

Post by xiangxuanlin Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:03 pm

un beatable Jay Chou. haha. Smile

kinda shocked with angela chang's number 7. haha she ALMOST did not appear till late 2009 right?

~and i must say.. Show Luo's fee to his endorsers and the like are "generous". haha. plus he didnt release any albums this year [ok, i know jay chou also didnt.~haha]

^^i agree with you stina. low profile. or else he'll get kidnapped! haha. and i also think the figures for the drama are wrong. because there were rumors here in the philippines that the rights were bought at Php88million pesos [roughly 1.9millionUSD] so i think Show must ve gotten a fair share in that 88millionpeso right since he played much of the series. Smile hihi.

~jia you show.
xiangxuanlin
xiangxuanlin
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1499

http://ghelxlin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by annakebana Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:30 pm

Wow. That is a lot of money.

I'm really happy his one of the top 10 earners(:
By the way, is this earning a month or a year? Sorry for asking.
annakebana
annakebana
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by avondale09 Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:10 pm

It's supposedly for the entire year of 2009, but, we're convinced he actually makes a LOT more than that. They're not taking everything into consideration.
avondale09
avondale09
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Back to top Go down

Post by asiaticlily Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Wow! They are rich.

asiaticlily
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by miakaloveshow Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:29 pm

ohh i can believed show only top 8 maybe he don't want reveal all of his earnings Smile he got so many endorsement and got high talent fee..and the busy person on taiwan...and he was the only one that had the overseas 20 millon album which the other don't have and they not include his taiwan sales..i definitely not convince on that earnings but safer the better.. Razz
miakaloveshow
miakaloveshow
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1555

Back to top Go down

Post by taiwanlover Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 pm

xiangxuanlin wrote:un beatable Jay Chou. haha. Smile

kinda shocked with angela chang's number 7. haha she ALMOST did not appear till late 2009 right?

~and i must say.. Show Luo's fee to his endorsers and the like are "generous". haha. plus he didnt release any albums this year [ok, i know jay chou also didnt.~haha]

^^i agree with you stina. low profile. or else he'll get kidnapped! haha. and i also think the figures for the drama are wrong. because there were rumors here in the philippines that the rights were bought at Php88million pesos [roughly 1.9millionUSD] so i think Show must ve gotten a fair share in that 88millionpeso right since he played much of the series. Smile hihi.

~jia you show.

comparing show and angela:
angela zhang appear int he late 2009 b/c that was when her album releasing was coming up in september so she appear in few news. however wut you don't know is that in the beginning of 2009 she was in the making of endorsements and commercial which costs a lot of money so it is pretty obvious that angela and show must have made about the same amount. Smile
taiwanlover
taiwanlover
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by taiwanlover Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:41 pm

the top ten people who made it in are all taiwan's kings and queens. They were in the industry for a long time. taiwan's tian wang and tian hou. Very Happy
taiwanlover
taiwanlover
Freshie
Freshie

Back to top Go down

Post by jhesa43 Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:50 pm

yeah! im sure he has more than that...

He already invade the US for the STAGE brand...

im sure he didnt declare everything...he's humble...that's why. heheeh Smile
jhesa43
jhesa43
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1260

http://jhesa43.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:52 am

no, Show DEFINITELY made more than that. because I remember there was this one thing where he earned soo much. and they mentioned he earned like over 300 million this year? haha. but yeah, like everyone said...it's good. he's low-profiled. people, if they have to pick on a rich star or blackmail, won't choose him.

Back to top Go down

Post by taiwanlover Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:49 am

POGA wrote:no, Show DEFINITELY made more than that. because I remember there was this one thing where he earned soo much. and they mentioned he earned like over 300 million this year? haha. but yeah, like everyone said...it's good. he's low-profiled. people, if they have to pick on a rich star or blackmail, won't choose him.

one thing? wut thing. i think he earned about that much money this year, excluding his STAGE store. i mean they give us the amount and the amount of activities he did this year. that is like prove. so if you think he made more than that create a forum and show us the right amount. Very Happy Wink
taiwanlover
taiwanlover
Freshie
Freshie

Back to top Go down

Post by taiwanlover Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:51 am

jhesa43 wrote:yeah! im sure he has more than that...

He already invade the US for the STAGE brand...

im sure he didnt declare everything...he's humble...that's why. heheeh Smile

for this news the celebritites didn't say anything. it was the reporters who made this and research on this. that is wut i think. if i'm wrong plz gimme some prove. this is me, i mean i cant believe anything until prove so srry if i trouble u. Wink
taiwanlover
taiwanlover
Freshie
Freshie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:54 am

Eh, whatever. This might be what he earns, none of us have proof.

honestly, the reporters don't have proof, if you want to think of it that way. no one releases their financial records to the public (they aren't some big company). reporters can't get their hands on it without permission--and who would give it to them? these are estimates based on public figures of big things that are publicized.

who knows, maybe Show does earn that much. at the end, it really doesn't matter. they each deserve what they earn, i'm pretty sure. so it's all good. Very Happy and Show's happy. that's more important.

Back to top Go down

Post by kriztetalovesxioazhu Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:07 am

woah SHOW's really blessed I love you
hope he'll have more work in the future!jia you SHOW! bounce

iloveyou SHOW!!!
xiaozhu forever XD
kriztetalovesxioazhu
kriztetalovesxioazhu
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by sze92 Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:04 am

i think he does earn more than that. his hosting fees and Stage definitely brought him a lot of income. one thing is that the taxes that ALL of the artist have to pay should be CRAZY. look at the amount of money they make. those figures may be even more. nevertheless, he totally deserves all this. it's his hard earn money. this money don't just drop from the sky.

sze92
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 980

Back to top Go down

Post by IHS Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:59 pm

I also thought I once read some news where they wrote that he had earned more than that Ô_ô anyway, it's stil LOTS of money, omg. And the top ten list - think of how many celebs there are in Taiwan Very Happy

o_ost1nao_o wrote:^ i'm also pretty sure he made more than that. almost positive.. but of course they wouldn't be releasing all the figures.. LoL he'll get kidnapped! haha Smile

it's better that they stuck him where he is in the ranking xD LoL .. kinda like.."ooh he made it into the top 10" but at the same time "ok, but if i needed to b|ackmai| a celebrity, i'd choose someone that made EVEN MORE money" LoL.. Smile
(...)
low-key, low-profile is good Smile this way no one can steal him from us ;D

If he got an alias and dressed up differently, he could be safe from kidnapping. What about making the alias something like... Lin Da Lung? xD
Btw, those who kidnaps him would also be condemned for murder... I would die if he disappeared xD

- Blitz
IHS
IHS
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 178

https://www.youtube.com/IHSblitz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maryan <3 SHOW LUO Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:26 am

congratz to show ~
Aim for the top1 next year ! JIA YOU~

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maryan <3 SHOW LUO
Maryan <3 SHOW LUO
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 472

http://profiles.friendster.com/43352540

Back to top Go down

Post by wyethrine Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:58 pm

i agree with you guys... he must have earned more than that.. and celebs companies wont just leak these kind of information to outside parties or else they would be the target of those tax authorities.. im not saying that they were evading taxes.. just that those tax authorities want to rake more money from them..
wyethrine
wyethrine
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by keryn Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:55 am

There's another article I saw from the local news here saying Show was top4.including Hosting fees.And what i saw from that article is Show is leading Leehom,Angela,SHE 0.0 so which is accurate?

Anyway,Show earns a lot. And it's worth it,he paid much effort in everything Smile

keryn
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 21

http://cul-desac.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sze92 Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:03 am

i assume none of it is accurate. we will never know how much all this artist earns. it's not possible that the reporters will manage to get hold of their bank books. about how they get the figure, i'll never know. let's just say he earns A LOT. more than we can think off.

sze92
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 980

Back to top Go down

Post by XiaoKeAi Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:39 pm

I knew they earn a lot money but this is.. A LOT Very Happy
Haha.. lol but they do deserve it!
I'm glad that Show is also in this list. He works always really hard. Jia You Xiao Zhu!
XiaoKeAi
XiaoKeAi
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 226

https://www.youtube.com/user/LwwlL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down