Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[06/16/2008 - Hitoradio] Show Lo Endorses Metro Street Dancing Competition, Organizers Buy 100 $Million Insurance

5 posters

Go down

[06/16/2008 - Hitoradio] Show Lo Endorses Metro Street Dancing Competition, Organizers Buy 100 $Million Insurance Empty [06/16/2008 - Hitoradio] Show Lo Endorses Metro Street Dancing Competition, Organizers Buy 100 $Million Insurance

Post by o_ost1nao_o Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:12 pm

Show Lo Endorses Metro Street Dancing Competition, Organizers Buy $100 Million Insurance

06/16/2008

Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation, Cathay United Bank and Hit FM co-sponsored the Fourth Annual Metro Street Dancing Competition. In the afternoon, they held a press conference. Because Show Lo was the event spokesperson, he attended the press conference, even though he had come down with a fever of 39°C earlier. He also exampled with "Wo Xiu Gu Wo Zai - I Dance Therefore I Am," but his body energy hadn't fully recovered yet, forgetting lyrics and going off tune, which made him embarrassed and stick out his tongue to ease the atmosphere. Afterwards he expressed that "his brain is a little slow, and energy isn't all there." As for his singing off tune, he comically explained, "It's my way of R&B!" He, himself, loves to dance and called out to others to sign up on the Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation or Hitoradio websites, up until 7/17.

This is the Metro Street Dancing Competition's into its fourth year, where previously they had Jolin Tsai and A-mei Chang successfully endorse for them. This year, they invited Asia's dance king, Show Lo, to be this year's spokesperson. The organizers expended $12 million in even promotions, $370,000 went to prize money This year they are attempting to broaden their event scope. They even bought $100 million insurance for their spokesperson Show Lo, and just trying to plan out the insurance part was a hassle. Because the insurance amount was too high, there weren't any insurance companies willing to withhold it all, so after several arrangements, they finally found a few insurance companies to work together. Regarding the generosity of the organizers, Show comically said, "My legs are really strong. Everyone says that they're really "Pork Legs," so I've never though that they'd be worth so much." He also said that his record company also bought insurance for him, but when he twist his ankle last time, he didn't seem to get any payments for that, so he laughed and said, "I should go ask my company for it."

Lots of fans knew that Show had canceled some work due to his body's unwell, so besides going to the venue to care for him, even fans from Hong Kong had flown over overnight to Taiwan bringing him brewed herbs to give to him in person. Being in the business for so long, he's always been diligent in his work and has never taken a day off, but over the weekend he was sick and canceled an event. Besides expressing his gratitude to his fans' concerns, he was also very apologetic to Jam Hsiao's fans as well. Show says that he cares so deeply and tries so hard because he's worried about being replaced by newcomers, the only way to maintain his place is to try hard. Show is known for his immense filial piety, and because of this he kept his news of getting sick from his mother. But when his mother saw the news reports, she was very angry, and even lectured/yelled at Show for a little while. Show expressed, "It's because I'm afraid that Mom will worry, so I told her that the production had something come up, which is why he got a day off, but Mom saw the news report about me getting sick anyway." When Mama Lo called Show, her tone was harsh and yelled at him saying, "Don't try and fake it ! Why did you lie to Mom? That's not right. But mothers alike, after hearing of his condition, Mama Lo brewed up 2 big pots of chicken broth, for Show to recover with.

Show had formed a crew before and participated in various dance competitions and also won first place. He laughed and said, "Back then, I sneakily participated in the competitions because I had a contract then, and if I were to break the contact, I'd have to pay. So after competing, I'd immediately run off stage, avoiding any interviews, even when we won I couldn't go on stage. Though it was a bit of a pity then, but when we got the first place prize money, counting the money was pretty rewarding." With regards to the heated news of the Taiwan/Japanese issue of fishing, the media asked the more Japanese-styled Show if he was affected by this. Even though he said that he was a little slow, but when asked about more sensitive questions, Show immediately became alert was evasive and said, "How am I Japanese styled? Right now a lot of things are 'Made In China.' Even what I'm wearing right now is."

The Fourth Annual Metro Street Dancing Competition event has broadened their scope of publicizing, with promotions expenditures over $120 Million to call out to the youth to be more active outdoors. The total prize money is over $350,000, waiting for you to earn it! The sign-up is online, the participants have to be at least 12 years of age, without a contract, and each group ranges from 2 to 8 people. You can only participate in one group. The breakdown of the score is 50% basic skills, 30% creativity, 10% group chemistry, and 10% music. Sign ups end on 7/17, and you can sign up on the Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation's website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or HitFM's website at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Source: Hitoradio
Translated by o_ost1nao_o

Spoiler:

o_ost1nao_o
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3380

https://love4show.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[06/16/2008 - Hitoradio] Show Lo Endorses Metro Street Dancing Competition, Organizers Buy 100 $Million Insurance Empty Re: [06/16/2008 - Hitoradio] Show Lo Endorses Metro Street Dancing Competition, Organizers Buy 100 $Million Insurance

Post by JuiceBox Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:26 am

aww~ Lo Mama is so caring >.<
I hope Show can get much much better!!
I saw parts of it on YouTube, it was cute! ^.^
JuiceBox
JuiceBox
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 236

Back to top Go down

[06/16/2008 - Hitoradio] Show Lo Endorses Metro Street Dancing Competition, Organizers Buy 100 $Million Insurance Empty Re: [06/16/2008 - Hitoradio] Show Lo Endorses Metro Street Dancing Competition, Organizers Buy 100 $Million Insurance

Post by ammer_sweet Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:10 am

That's a lot of money, $100 million. Show is very valuable < Yes, he is.>
Hope he will get better soon.
i love Luo mama. ^^
ammer_sweet
ammer_sweet
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 222

http://ammersweet.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gandezt Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:38 am

Aah..
Yeaa..
I saw dat part in ylbfb in youtube..
He looks so pale,
N i knw dat he 4got sm lyrics or smtg like dat..
No problem,
His condition havent get well yet like usual..
Hope he'll better n better day by day..
gandezt
gandezt
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 339

Back to top Go down

Post by kprincess Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:08 pm

wow~
$100 million insurance...
Great that they know how valuable Show is~
kprincess
kprincess
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1727

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down