Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[03/18/2009 - NewPaper] He gets LADS to buy PADS Popular Taiwanese singer Show Luo's ad for sanitary napkins has spurred men to buy once-taboo items for their women

+8
icecreamm
kprincess
littlecutekitty
showstar
ellehcir1408
freya1507
bubblo
xiangxuanlin
12 posters

Go down

[03/18/2009 - NewPaper] He gets LADS to buy PADS Popular Taiwanese singer Show Luo's ad for sanitary napkins has spurred men to buy once-taboo items for their women Empty [03/18/2009 - NewPaper] He gets LADS to buy PADS Popular Taiwanese singer Show Luo's ad for sanitary napkins has spurred men to buy once-taboo items for their women

Post by xiangxuanlin Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:37 am

He gets LADS to buy PADS
Popular Taiwanese singer Show Luo's ad for sanitary napkins has spurred men to buy once-taboo items for their women

03/18/2009
By Tan Kee Yun / New Paper

TAIWANESE artiste Show Luo is a metrosexual, and proud of it.

He uses women's toiletries and his bathroom looks 'lady-like'.

All right. But sanitary pads? Isn't that going a bit too far?

Not at all, it appears. He is now the official brand ambassador for Watsons sanitary pads in Taiwan.

But how can he endorse a product which - even with a considerable stretch of the imagination - he just can't use?

Well, it hardly matters. Watsons Taiwan was quoted as telling the media there that 'women feel he can be a great pal to them, someone they can depend on'.

Indeed, he seems to appeal to women as one of them, as a 'sister'.

And the ads work. His fans like them, the product's sales are up and there are even men queueing up to buy the napkins for the women in their lives.

In a recent interview with The New Paper, the 29-year-old singer-host-actor-dancer spoke of his feminine side.

'Oh, you should take a look at my bathroom - it's the most girlish part of me,' he said, grinning unabashedly. 'I use a lot of women's shower products and the decor in my bathroom is also quite lady-like.'

Show was in town on 7 Mar to attend the Singapore Entertainment Awards Celebration Party.

He was one of the night's biggest winners, picking up three awards: Most Popular Male Singer, SPH Media Award - Artiste of The Year and Most Stylish Hunk.

Before the event, he held a gruelling autograph session at East Point Mall.

It lasted five hours and he signed non-stop for more than three hours, much to the delight of the 5,000 fans who turned up.

Show believes that the reason for his popularity, especially with women, is probably that they tend to 'treat me like I'm one of them'.

Romantically linked

He has been romantically linked to several babelicious celebrities, including sexy pop queen Jolin Tsai and sweetie pie Selina Jen of girl group S.H.E.

But he claims he's actually just a 'sister' to all of them, laughing off rumours of his supposed relationships and liaisons that have hogged headlines.

'I shall set the record straight. I really am single at the moment,' he said. 'But yes, I do have many platonic girl friends, in fact, more than guy friends.'

Show said he believes true friendship can exist between the sexes.

'There are times when the paparazzi snap pictures of me with women and they immediately link us together,' he said with an exasperated sigh.

'In reality, the women are good friends of mine. They hang out at my house for steamboat and to play mahjong.'

He added: 'I know there are some people who feel it's impossible. They'd say, don't deny it, put a boy and girl together, how can there not be romantic feelings?

'Personally, I feel it's down to one's attitude. For me, I certainly know where to draw the line.'

No doubt he makes a great bosom buddy as he will 'always try to be understanding and make sure I provide a listening ear for my gal pals'.

'I am like their 'rubbish bin', where they can offload their problems and emotional issues.'

Meeting Show up close, it's not hard to notice how impressive his complexion is, almost like that of a woman's.

He attributes his good skin to the painstaking care he puts into ensure that his body is in tip-top condition.

'Lots of guys think that to have good skin, you just have to wash your face often, apply moisturisers, etc. But actually, it takes a lot more than that.

'You have to take care of your body and the systems within. When you're healthy inside, it will naturally reflect outwards.

'I go for regular medical check-ups, including blood tests every half a year, as well as a full physical examination once a year.'

He admits to being image-conscious, but justifies it by saying that 'it's part of the professionalism an artiste should have'.

He can be very particular about his hair, and he won't let just anyone touch it.

There was an incident on popular talk show Here Comes KangXi when host Dee Hsu, a good friend of Show's, tried to lift the bangs on his forehead. The two started bickering.

'It's true. I will flare up if anyone attempts to touch my hair when I'm still at work,' said Show, whose sixth studio album, Trendy Man, has been garnering rave reviews and topping music charts since its release in December.

'After I'm done with my work stuff, you want to mess with it, ruffle it, it's okay. But while I'm still doing my job, be it appearing on a programme, or attending an event, I feel it's rather disrespectful for my hair to be played with.'

Of course, there are days when he feels he doesn't look good. 'I've had horrid days when my face appears bloated and swollen, for no particular reason,' he admitted.

'When that happens, I usually try to keep my head low. So if you see me onscreen constantly hanging my head down and looking at the floor, you know why.'

Despite his feminine side, Show stressed that deep down, he is a 'real man' with hopes of 'being a good husband and father in the future'.

'One day, I do want to settle down with the right person,' he said.

'I want to be THE guy that girls go, 'Whoa, he's such a great man, why didn't I marry him?'

credits to:: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
xiangxuanlin
xiangxuanlin
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1499

http://ghelxlin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

[03/18/2009 - NewPaper] He gets LADS to buy PADS Popular Taiwanese singer Show Luo's ad for sanitary napkins has spurred men to buy once-taboo items for their women Empty Re: [03/18/2009 - NewPaper] He gets LADS to buy PADS Popular Taiwanese singer Show Luo's ad for sanitary napkins has spurred men to buy once-taboo items for their women

Post by bubblo Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:41 am

is this critising him or a good thing about him?
bubblo
bubblo
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 257

http://www.memorieskept-inme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

[03/18/2009 - NewPaper] He gets LADS to buy PADS Popular Taiwanese singer Show Luo's ad for sanitary napkins has spurred men to buy once-taboo items for their women Empty Re: [03/18/2009 - NewPaper] He gets LADS to buy PADS Popular Taiwanese singer Show Luo's ad for sanitary napkins has spurred men to buy once-taboo items for their women

Post by freya1507 Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:38 am

thanks very much for sharing this long article .....
i really really like it ...
i think its a good one ... cause i think its very real,
yes he has a feminin side and is not in fear to show it
but we all know he can behave really man too ....

about the sanitary pads hhihihi lol when i come to taiwan last summer i noticed that Mike He is advertising for sanitary pads too and i was like huhu affraid how can he know if they are good???????
but my tw friend explained it to me, in tw buying sanitary pads made girls still shy, and in the shop they gave it in a thick non transparent brown paper bag ... just to hide it when you leave the shop,
though they decide to make it more "normal" nothing to hide thing, so tw companies decide to let guys advertise for it ..... and it works
i have the feeling it works: xiao zhu has a lot male fans too ... and when they see that there "cool" idol is buying this stuff for his gf ...then they can do it too ;-)
so it really makes sence - in TW .... but without explanation hard to understand for other countries or culture ^^
freya1507
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3484

Back to top Go down

Post by ellehcir1408 Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:07 am

oh.. i didnt know that its like that in TW.. hehe.. coz here pipol just buy it like candies.. Very Happy
so i learned a new thing today..
bom

the article is long but its really cute especially the part
"I want to be THE guy that girls go, 'Whoa, he's such a great man, why didn't I marry him?"

show is really a great guy.. wat a blessing he would be to the lucky girl that he'd marry, not because his freaking rich or popular but because he is a great person underneath all that..
ellehcir1408
ellehcir1408
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 437

Back to top Go down

Post by showstar Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:00 am

ellehcir1408: LOL! candies. sounds funny hahah!

His feminine side is still MAN! tongue
showstar
showstar
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 466

http://myadolescence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by freya1507 Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:59 am

Indeed, he seems to appeal to women as one of them, as a 'sister'.
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever
nor brother .......

Wink
freya1507
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3484

Back to top Go down

Post by littlecutekitty Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:02 pm

he will definitely be a great hubby and father one day =D
and "whoa, why didn't I marry him?!" CUZ YOU NEVER ASKED ME! so HMPH! hahah jk XP
littlecutekitty
littlecutekitty
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by kprincess Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:51 pm

This article gave me such a hard time especially since it was featured on front page of the NewPaper. I went home from school happily without having a clue about the article and first thing i know, my Mum just went
"What is wrong with your husband?!" o.O

and she was dissing him for 30 mins before I flared up at her. LOL.
Well, she just thinks buying pads are totally not meant for men. My dad only bought pad ONCE since the day they got married. =.="

Whatever. Show is so awesome for being such a considerate guy.
YES. He'll definitely be a good husband and father. like THE BEST.
kprincess
kprincess
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1727

Back to top Go down

Post by icecreamm Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:38 pm

Thanks for the news , i was finding this article since my sister told me about it.
Searching around for the newspaper hahas.
icecreamm
icecreamm
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 36

http://stopandtag.bs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glambratinella Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:18 am

thanks for the article Smile it's quite odd to see a male model for a sanitary pad. haha. but with the approach of the company towards promoting the product is actually a brilliant idea. Xiao Zhu attracts women and men alike cause of his charm, attitude and over all personality. i just think he is the perfect model of a best buddy :p it's weird though that he's tagged as "sister" haha. but i guess the public was attracted to the idea that Xiao Zhu is the new ambassador of sanitary napkin. well, if that product is sold here in the Phils, i'd buy lots of it to support Show. lol.
glambratinella
glambratinella
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 482

http://pitstop1108.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stuipid445 Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:09 am

when was this paper shown on ?
The New Paper right ?
i am TRYING my best to collect the newspaper articles.
stuipid445
stuipid445
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by kprincess Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:55 pm

^ yup. it's NewPaper. I even laminated the newspaper. LMAO.
kprincess
kprincess
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1727

Back to top Go down

Post by miakaloveshow Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:29 pm

'One day, I do want to settle down with the right person,' he said.

'I want to be THE guy that girls go, 'Whoa, he's such a great man, why didn't I marry him?'

wow what if i say that u will marry me Embarassed hahaha...but its true he such a great guy that have a big heart..love him always and its very gentle if a guy wants to buy ur pad even though it so embrassing Razz but if show yes yes yes.....
miakaloveshow
miakaloveshow
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1555

Back to top Go down

Post by archie1804 Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:56 am

^.^ i watch this interview on youtube and find it rather boring.. better read the article Wink

yes yes yes.. you will be a good husband.. ups.. you already a good "husband" to us!
archie1804
archie1804
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down