Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[2011-03-21 Yahoo Taiwan] Show Luo donates his concert fees, apologizes for the foul language

+19
kimmortal
iloveqtshow
destinasf
sze92
lzxslxz123
yu_chun_shan
xiaozhu_woaini07
Rita8D
Wolf
iLuveLLa
alyanna
Thuchen
rawrr101
hershei01
rainoxide
claudz4lyf
freelovemichelle
mypiggy
lollipopbbt<3show
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[2011-03-21 Yahoo Taiwan] Show Luo donates his concert fees, apologizes for the foul language  - Page 2 Empty Re: [2011-03-21 Yahoo Taiwan] Show Luo donates his concert fees, apologizes for the foul language

Post by RainieLove Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:18 am

"Ta ma de" means "your mama" in English.
But the exact translation its "his/her mom's".
In US it would basically mean "your mama".
I didnt think it was a foul word though ? Maybe it is over there but ive heard people use it and they dont mean it to be like a bad word. Just a way of yelling at someone ?

Anyways how can people now forgive him ? look at his face !
And being touched..... fans need to control themselves. haha.
RainieLove
RainieLove
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

[2011-03-21 Yahoo Taiwan] Show Luo donates his concert fees, apologizes for the foul language  - Page 2 Empty Re: [2011-03-21 Yahoo Taiwan] Show Luo donates his concert fees, apologizes for the foul language

Post by Rita8D Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:19 pm

lmao your mama doesn't sound like bad word XD!!!! i guess it might be different in translation cuz in vietnamese, your mama is a bad word XD!!
Rita8D
Rita8D
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1174

Back to top Go down

Post by rainoxide Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:52 pm

well, if you translate it in Filipino, it's kind of foul words Very Happy

and at least, he apologized to the public, that's good enough Very Happy
rainoxide
rainoxide
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 316

http://t.sina.com.cn/rainoxide

Back to top Go down

Post by kimmortal Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Rita8D wrote:lmao your mama doesn't sound like bad word XD!!!! i guess it might be different in translation cuz in vietnamese, your mama is a bad word XD!!

Rita, you're Vietnamese too? That's cool!

Yeah, saying "your mom" would be heard as cursing in Viet.

I just don't understand something -- the context in which Show was saying it. Like, was he angry at the media? Was he joking? Can somebody translate the sentence(s) that preceded the curse word for us non-Mandarin speaking fans?
kimmortal
kimmortal
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 308

http://t.sina.com.cn/kimhanh

Back to top Go down

Post by destinasf Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:00 am

looks like there are a lot similarities in languages around the asian region. In cantonese...."your mother" is a very rough word...it also depends how you slang it. To make the whole phrase sound worst, usually additional phrase will be added.
destinasf
destinasf
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 486

Back to top Go down

Post by yoyokimono Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:32 am

lols its true.. in vietnamese it's a bad cursing word... and most likely can't be said in a joking matter...

but i'm sure show was probably joking, he's a guy for gosh sake... cursing when you're mad is normal for a guy

like i said it's just that the media will twist it out of portions

yoyokimono
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipopbbt<3show Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:51 am

yup yup,true, if you translate it in different languages it's bad. but i think in taiwan, it's really bad already. i don't think he's joking though (from the stuff i've read, i didn't see the vid yet) cuz he was like letting his anger out.

oh well, just forget about it Smile he apologized anyway Smile not all would apologize Smile at least he knew what he did was wrong and at least so far the media is not really paying super duper much attention Very Happy

lollipopbbt<3show
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 1723

Back to top Go down

Post by sze92 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:52 am

well it wasn't a big deal. Show is smart to apologize first. if he didn't, it would be worst than anything.

sze92
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 980

Back to top Go down

Post by hershei01 Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:59 am

oww~~so it's like "you're mama" .. well it's not basically a foul word in the Philippines but if you add a little bit of another then it will .. but i guess right.. some words become really connected in asia..
hershei01
hershei01
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 607

http://forevershowluo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rainoxide Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:28 am

ahaha! shei, it's the shortcut of the "foul word" here in the Phil, so still, the meaning is there. err... i really don't like people cursing. but when it's said as an expression or you're not really cursing anybody, it's forgivable Very Happy
rainoxide
rainoxide
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 316

http://t.sina.com.cn/rainoxide

Back to top Go down

Post by mypiggy Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:05 pm

this is a short summary of what happen during the concert:-

he just finish singing 'Pin She Me'....talking (while crying) Crying or Very sad about how the media spread rumour & criticism & how they look down on him.
That he wanted to prove to them that he can do it & he has successfully held 4 concert in Taiwan.
Then he shouted 'ta ma de, wo zhuo dao le!!' (d*mn it, I did it!! *)

So I don't really think it's a foul word, but a bit rude for an artist to use... silent especially during a concert & he apologise later on...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~pic from his weibo~

You can view the vid below, at 2:34 he shouted 'ta ma de'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] --- homiito1228

* just a rough translation
mypiggy
mypiggy
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rita Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:56 am

i'm really bad at math but how much is 2.96 million yuan in dollars or euros?
so he's donating all the money he earned in the concert? that's amazing, i don't think any other artist would be capable of doing that, maybe a part of the money but not the all money like Show did...
i'm so happy for support/loving the right idol...
a_rita
a_rita
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by xiaozhu_woaini07 Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:19 pm

a_rita wrote:i'm really bad at math but how much is 2.96 million yuan in dollars or euros?
so he's donating all the money he earned in the concert? that's amazing, i don't think any other artist would be capable of doing that, maybe a part of the money but not the all money like Show did...
i'm so happy for support/loving the right idol...

I think that's about 442 994.995 Canadian Dollars. So in USD, it would around $445,000. DANG. That's alot of money. I'm proud of him. Smile He's one artist that I'm happy to love and support till the end! Very Happy <3
xiaozhu_woaini07
xiaozhu_woaini07
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 785

https://www.youtube.com/user/xiaozhu0789

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2