Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[February 2010 Modern Music] Show Lo Exclusive Interview : I Don’t Rely On Anyone

+15
Little_duckie
Shirleen
annakebana
psychie_ichie
miakaloveshow
ayleen
Xiao_Zhu_Forever
freya1507
IHS
kriztetalovesxioazhu
PrincessK87
avondale09
lzxslxz123
piggypiglet30
o_ost1nao_o
19 posters

Go down

[February 2010 Modern Music] Show Lo Exclusive Interview : I Don’t Rely On Anyone Empty [February 2010 Modern Music] Show Lo Exclusive Interview : I Don’t Rely On Anyone

Post by o_ost1nao_o Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Show Lo Exclusive Interview : I Don’t Rely On Anyone
February 2010 Modern Music Issue #465

Up until now, I still don’t know what kind of feeling Zhu Ren(director) gives me. Sometimes I feel he’s a little harsh, seeing Xiao Gui getting bullied by him, I’m thinking, “Zhu ren, just let him off, will you?” And then sometimes, I feel that he’s a good person, with another Xiao Gui story, one day he held a dozen of Xiao Gui’s albums in hand asking him to autograph them, “I said that I’d support my bro, I always keep a promise, is that loyal enough?” Enough it is! He is also extremely heartwarming, with 6,000 albums to sign at a function, other artists would just want to hurry and finish autographing and leave, but he said, “Everyone, one by one, take your time, so I can see everybody’s faces clearly, and remember to shake my hand, I want to thank everyone!” Isn’t that heartwarming? Extremely! He said that he didn’t want reporters asking if he was close to so and so, because usually the line that follows would be, “Did you get popular because of them?” This hurts him because he says that friends are for moral support and care, not for utilizing, so he tells everyone, “I don’t rely on anyone!”

A Music Rashomon that Exclusively belongs to Show Lo
Interviewer : After the recording of your album, did you go through and listen to the entire album attentively? How do you feel about yourself?
Show : Yes, I listened very attentively, even more attentively that my previous albums. I should say that the recording of the album and its preparations took longer than my 6 previous albums. After listening to this album, I really felt that it was better made than the last album. I really like this album, every time I listen to it, I never get that feeling of wanting to hurry and listen to the next song.
Interviewer : Every one of your albums seems to have a song that depicts what you’re feeling at the time, is it purposely planned that way, or is it purely a coincidence?
Show : Actually, for every song in this album, I went and discussed with the lyricist. For example, “Xi Guan Jiu Hao (I’ll Get Used To It), that’s very “Show Lo,” it’s what I, Show Lo, am thinking and want to say, because after going through so many ups and downs, you’ll feel like, we’ll just have to get used to these things. (But the music video doesn’t seem to have been filmed that way?) Yeah, but it’s not like they can film Show Lo’s entire showbiz carrier, right? Hahaha~~so we could only use a concept that people would understand, could relate to, to film it; lovers breaking up is probably the thing that would give everyone this feeling, right? “Wei Xian De Nian Tou (Hazardous Idea)” is talking about all the different things that can happen in love, example : Being deceived, getting hurt....I like “Lao Shi Jiang (Truth)” because there are things you’ll miss if you don’t act fast. So to have me recommend a song that I favor more is hard, because a lot of the songs express what I’m feeling, my story. If I had to choose though, I’d pick “Xi Guan Jiu Hao (I’ll Get Used To It).”
Interviewer : For the ballads this time, did you purposely try a different way of interpreting the slow songs? (Because I feel that the way you sang the ballads this time is a little different from the past.)
Show : My voice is deeper, to be honest, for my previous albums, during the editing of the music, they’d touch-up my voice a little, but this time I told them to try and not do that, I want to use my most genuine voice to convey the expressive lyrics, that kind of feeling would be best. Everyone listens to music differently and their voices are recognized differently as well. I didn’t intentionally try to change anything. I just thought that since I had the opportunity, I could express my truest self to everyone.
Interviewer : Spending lots of money to go to the U.S., then hiring a choreographer, and then filming music videos, are you ecstatic on the inside?
Show : Very ecstatic. The music video for my main release is #1 in Taiwan right now, the expenditures were also the highest, a few million dollars. It really was a music video that money was splurged on to create. The music industry is in a recession right now, so in spending millions RMB on one music video, which is the amount of money for 4 music videos, it feels great. And something else that I take pride in is that I went to an opera house in the U.S. to film, lots and lots of artists want to visit, so being able to film a music video there is just exhilarating. (Are you more fluent in English now than you were before?) Haha. In that environment, in those circumstances, your English skills really will improve, and now that I’m not in that environment, then it’ll regress. I think that the environment is really important, because everyone is in the same environment, and you want to express your thoughts, so you just spew out and churn out things to say, and you realize, Hey, people actually understand what you’re saying.

Just what kind of person is Show Lo?
Part 1 : I’m a matted person!

Interviewer : When you make friends, it takes you a long time before you can open up your heart to them, right?
Show : Why do you ask that way? (Because Hu Die Jie Jie, who hosts with you, said that there’s a process to getting your phone number.) I’m not someone that likes to feign familiarity, act close, or purposely asking for phone numbers. If we talk on very general terms and just surface friendliness, I won’t give it(his phone number) to them. But if we share an interest and actually interact, then we’d say, “Okay, let’s exchange numbers then?”
Interviewer : Do you think your attitude/personality now, is largely due to your family’s influence and background?
Show : Of course, I really think that my personality was influenced by my family since I was young. Of course there are also factors that contribute to other feelings, you’re going to ask what kind of feelings right? It’s just that with age, you just feel more mature, and the way you look at things becomes different. (Then do you think that you’re mature now?) If you wanted me to talk to you in a really mature and composed way, I can do that too. I can be really serious too, you want that? (No.) Haha, see!
Interviewer : In these few years, do you think you’ve changed a lot?
Show : I don’t think I’m the one changing, it you guys! There are lots of reporters in Taiwan that would tell me, Show you’re different from before, and I’d say, I’m not the one changing, you guys are the ones changing. You know that feeling? Actually the feelings and attitudes you reporters have towards me are changing, because everyone is pragmatic. (But your popularity could be because of some factor or another?) No! It’s just persistence and effort, I don’t rely on anyone! I really don’t rely on anyone! Before I’d come to China to promote my album, and too many reporters would ask, Show, why do you always become friends with people that are more popular than you are? I felt so helpless, why do you guys have to feel that way? I’ve known these friends for a long time, and I even met some before they entered showbiz, at the time I was the one more popular! I was really sad, I felt......you know? (Yup, I know!) I really don’t want people to say that I became popular because of so and so, please everyone, think it over first and see if it’s true, or get to know me more.

Part 2 : I’m a candid person!
Interviewer : Are you someone that holds a grudge?
Show : Yes! (Answered super quickly) Those people that had once looked down on me, I will hold a grudge. (Like those little things? ) Like what? (Show, you know in “Hi My Sweetheart” you were fat in the pink pants you wore?) Oh, that’s fine, but I wasn’t fat, all right? Everyone has a different viewpoint on things, like some people say I sound good when I sing, and others say I’m not very good. I remember when I participated in an event, and a reporter very earnestly said to me, “Show, your singing is awful.” And he told me that in front of a lot of people, but I said, “Perhaps my singing is awful, but I’m using my voice to touch people.”
Interviewer : Will you be proud for a long time when people compliment you?
Show : Yes! I’m easily satisfied. As long as someone says, “Show your performance today was so good, or your performance today was so spectacular,” I’d be proud of myself for a long time. (You’re that easily satisfied?) I am, I’m really someone who is easily satisfied. As long as I get a little bit of encouragement, I would be happy for a very, very long time, because before, no one wanted to watch me perform. And probably having experienced that, I’m especially easily satisfied. Like before, everyone would say that I was a tacky Tai Ke [Taiwan thug], but now some people would say, Show, you dress/accessorize so well, or Show, lots of people imitate your style now, and I’d truly be really happy, because people used to criticize me as “Tai” and criticized me for not dressing well, but now so many people would imitate my hairstyle or the way I dress, so I’m just really happy, and happier about this than most other things too. But at the same time, if I guest on TV shows, and if someone compliments me, I really don’t feel anything, because I feel that it’s probably just for TV. (Like Xiao S?) Yes, well, you know, when Xiao S talks, of 10 things she says, 11 of them are false.
Interviewer : Do you still remember how you reacted at the time when people suddenly started calling you “Asia’s Dance King?”
Show : “Jing Wu Men (Dance Gate)”? It should be “Yi Zhi Du Xiu.” I really asked my company’s publicity, why no one had noticed me before, even though I was dancing my heart out . He said that it’s because of all that I’ve accumulated, everyone gets to see a different Show Lo. Actually when I released my first album, I really worked really hard on it, I tried hard to dance my choreography, but no one paid any attention to me, but “Zhen Ming Tian Zi(Destined Guy)” and “Jing Wu Men(Dance Gate)” everyone noticed. “Jing Wu Men (Dance Gate)” was when people acknowledged me most, lots of competition shows perform my chair dance. And then “Yi Zhi Du Xiu” there were people that started calling me “Asia’s Dancing King.” My first reaction was, “Why is it like this?” (And Then?) I started getting a lot of pressure, because when people start calling you that, you’re going to have to accept lots of strange glances, and you’ll need to ask for the best in yourself. I felt like I wasn’t myself anymore, I can’t just dance however I wanted to. I’ve always felt that to dance, you just do it relaxingly, dance happily, just freely enjoying that kind of feeling, but now everyone is watching me dance. So when I’m dancing by myself, I’d think, they’re all off stage watching my every move, I can’t make a mistake, I can’t make it look bad, and I’d feel, why is there so much pressure? (How about now?) Now, I’m actually beginning to relax again. It’s probably because I’m still trying to get used to this whole process. I’m sure that everyone can dance, but not every can dance and capture that feeling, a dance is inanimate, but a person has life, so that’s why I always want to think of different things for each of my performances. I don’t want to go through a performance in a set format like a music video.
Interviewer : Honestly, do you think that you dance well?
Show : No, I still have lots of things I need to improve/emphasize. For example, sometimes I’d be too caught up by the lighting or how people are watching me in the audience, and so for that movement, I’d think, just play it safe, so I’d be a little withheld with the motions. (Does this title still make you shy?) Yes, I’ve always felt embarrassed.

Part 3 : I’m someone would likes pampering (beauty-wise) myself!
Interviewer : Are you someone that cares a lot about his appearance?
Show : I care a lot.
Interviewer : This time you’re luggage disappeared, and you didn’t fix up yourself before the autograph session, at the time, were you troubled and thought to yourself about how you didn’t appear as handsome today?
Show : Probably not, I think fans probably like me even more that way. I think I was super handsome at the time, even more so than when I wear my promotional outfits. (Hahahaha) I think I’m more laid-back in my own clothes, I like dressing casually. If you want me to get all dressed up first before interacting with fans, I’d actually be a little not used to it. I feel that if we’re going to be interacting, then I’ll just dress simply and comfortably, this way my fans wouldn’t feel a distance between us. I’ve once read a letter from a fan, she said that when she watched the Show Lo on stage, she feels that there’s a distance, and when I change into casual clothing and interact with them, she realizes that Show Lo can get along with them just like a friend.

Interviewer’s Notes :
Zhu Ren’s entanglement : I’m actually skinny.

A little into the interview, I very daringly told Zhu ren, “Someone said that in ‘Hi My Sweetheart’ you were fat. Especially when you wore the bright colored pants, you were really fat!” Zhu ren suddenly said, “You’re crazy!” How am I crazy? “I was the skinniest at that time.” Really? It seemed as if Zhu ren saw the doubt in my eyes, and from afar he called, “Xiao Shuang! (his manager) Tell her, wasn’t I really skinny at that time?” In exchange for a hush of silence from Xiao Shuang, thus Zhu ren cried out, “How could you lie?” Fine, afterwards, the record publicity came out to settle things, “On TV is was widescreen, so you looked fatter.” I could only nod vigorously in agreement, I sure didn’t want to make Zhu ren mad, then wouldn’t my interview be doomed? Who knew that after the interview was over, while waiting for our cameramen to prop up the lights, Zhu ren very seriously said, “In ‘Hi My Sweetheart’ I really wasn’t fat, that was when I was skinniest.” “Yes, not fat, not fat!”

Zhu Ren’s entanglement : I don’t rely on anyone for becoming popular
I said that Zhu ren’s popularity could be due to outside factors, but I didn’t mean that to be degrading at all. I just wanted to express his turning a new leaf during the most prime of times, with his dominating coexistence. Zhu ren very genuinely rebutted, “I don’t rely on anyone for becoming popular!” He felt that he hadn’t made his point, so he talked into our recorder and repeated it twice more, thus I jokingly said, “All right, when I go back, I’m going to title [this interview] as ‘I don’t rely on anyone.’” Zhu ren happily laughed . Zhu ren, I kept my promise, how loyal was that?

Source : R·SHOW @ Show's International Fanclub Forum
Translated by o_ost1nao_o @ love4show.forumotion.com
Spoiler:

Last edited by o_ost1nao_o on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

o_ost1nao_o
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3380

https://love4show.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[February 2010 Modern Music] Show Lo Exclusive Interview : I Don’t Rely On Anyone Empty Re: [February 2010 Modern Music] Show Lo Exclusive Interview : I Don’t Rely On Anyone

Post by piggypiglet30 Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks stina for translating that! I really like hiw he's so candid in his replies, he's very honest...makes me admire him even more!Smile
piggypiglet30
piggypiglet30
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 388

Back to top Go down

[February 2010 Modern Music] Show Lo Exclusive Interview : I Don’t Rely On Anyone Empty Re: [February 2010 Modern Music] Show Lo Exclusive Interview : I Don’t Rely On Anyone

Post by lzxslxz123 Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:06 pm

tnx for translating...Show really show off just being himself...i'm proud of being his fan...
lzxslxz123
lzxslxz123
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1363

Back to top Go down

Post by avondale09 Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks for translating! Wow, I didn't realize he didn't like being called Asia's Dance King, I was always so proud to call him that. But I can understand what he's saying... I just wish he wouldn't feel that way, no pressure, he just IS talented, lol. But I noticed it right after I read this, I watched the Show/Hu Die friends episode for fun, and Xiao Gui happens to call him the Dancing King, and Show goes, "No, no, no..." and I was like, oh, hmm... hahaha.

Also, I love when someone insults him, he doesn't let it go. Like that time on BFB, when that girl called him niang, and he was like "I'm not!" and showed up her like crazy, and even after the show, he pulled her aside said to say, "I'm not niang..." And then during this interview he kept saying, "I'm not fat, I'm not," and then pulls her aside afterwards to be like, "Hey, I'm really not, okay?" LOL i think it's riduculously cute.

and lol, "I can be more serious. Want me to be more serious?" HAHA omg I really love him. He really speaks very well<33
avondale09
avondale09
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1438

https://www.facebook.com/inbox/?drop&ref=mb#/profile.php?id=6

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessK87 Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:59 pm

thank you for translating-- the question about do you care what you look like was like a duh kinda question lol. Smile
PrincessK87
PrincessK87
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:25 am

Yay! Love you, stina. I'm putting this up on AF now (Show's thread, since I don't think magazines are allowed?). Very Happy Oh, this was so much easier to read. Show's amazing. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by kriztetalovesxioazhu Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:31 am

STINA thank you so much!!*xoxo* that was a long one huh.
anyway, back to the topic...wow i love how he answers the questions...simple but right to the point.and i agree to him, HE IS NOT FAT!HE IS NOT! =) he is simply amazing and that's why i love him.
kriztetalovesxioazhu
kriztetalovesxioazhu
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by IHS Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:25 am

Haha insisting he is not fat xD too cute <3
LOL the comment about Xiao S was funny :b
He really doesn't let go of anything. He said he was happy for a long time after getting complimented... well, guess it's the same when he gets insulted :b
This interview was so cute and honest. Love barometer blasted the top. Once again.

Thanks for translating :] *huuug*
IHS
IHS
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 178

https://www.youtube.com/IHSblitz

Back to top Go down

Post by freya1507 Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:35 am

stina thanks thanks for translating this long interview

i love it ... i love any interview we got to know him better ^^
and hihihi yes like jess pointed out agian ... when he got misunderstood he tries to go back and clear it ^^
our cute guy ^^
freya1507
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3484

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiao_Zhu_Forever Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:53 pm

i agree...
Interviews make us know more about Show...XD
btw...thnx for sharing...
Xiao_Zhu_Forever
Xiao_Zhu_Forever
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 438

Back to top Go down

Post by ayleen Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:17 pm

Awww, he's so funny Very Happy

& I thought Hu Die Jie Jie had his number?
Didn't she say she has it on the Friends Music show?

ayleen
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by miakaloveshow Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:04 pm

its so long thanks for sharing he was really a true person he say what he wanna say no lie... Razz i love all his answer..being so popular is taking a risk all eyes was on you but as for Show being hardworking and determination he become so popular without using people... Razz
miakaloveshow
miakaloveshow
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1555

Back to top Go down

Post by psychie_ichie Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:14 pm

thanks for posting this..and for the translation...!!!

show is so amazing guy...he's so true person...answering all of the question..!with all of his heart and true feeling.,!

your so talented person..!a gifted person,,everybody notice how good looking you are and how great you move when you dance...YRYS::your rules your style...your really the no.1 no one can defeat you...!love you

i love this interview..thanks! : Very Happy

psychie_ichie

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by annakebana Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks for translating the interview.
Now, I really know him more deeper and loving him more Very Happy

And SHOW whatever you do, we will always support you. Your imperfections makes you the most perfect person we ever known Very Happy Right guys?.. Very Happy
annakebana
annakebana
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirleen Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:16 pm

He is really very honest.He Not fat at all lo...
Love him so much....Cant wait to see him in sin.
Shirleen
Shirleen
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_duckie Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:25 am

Thanks for translating the article! He´s so cute, honest and talented! I can´t believe when people talk sh*t about him and make up stories to bring him down...he´s just unique!! One of the best artists ever!
Love the forum keep on uploading news about him, is the only way I have to get some news about him! Thankss
Little_duckie
Little_duckie

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by megan_702 Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:05 pm

awww show is so cute.......i did not know he was embarrased by being Asia's Dancing King...lol....thanks for translating! omg his next album should be titled Dancing King!! hahah Smile
megan_702
megan_702
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 246

Back to top Go down

Post by mylooove Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:15 pm

wow. that's interesting..haahah(;

mylooove
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by poopie.tm Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:52 pm

LMAO! hes too cute with all the straight out answers! and the, "IM NOT FAT!" >.< you have to LOVE show for being earnnest, truthful , and sincere. he seems lik SUCH a fun person to talk to!!! >.<
poopie.tm
poopie.tm
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by HinataNoGo Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:50 am

"when Xiao S talks, of 10 things she says, 11 of them are false." HAHAHAHA so hilarious XD i don't dislike xiao s and i know he also doesn't and was joking, but ppl might find it offensive loool he's just too straight-forward and not afraid to say those kinda stuff XD

thx for translating stina ^^ at some points the image of how he reacted and how he said those things poppoed into my mind haha... man i wish i could SEE and HEAR him answer those questions... i love listening to all of his storys, way of thinking.... actually for his age he's REALLY wise ^^ and it's so cool how i love everything single word coming out of his mouth lol ^^°

oh and about that ppl calling him asian dancing king and how he doesn't like it... yea i heard him say that some day and was kinda surprised O_o because i thaught it was an honor to him and i was proud that this name was reserved to him.... but since i found it out... i don't like it anymore when ppl call him that and i see his reaction XD and the reason makes me kinda sad.... i understand the feeling when suddenly sth you did for fun becomes such an important thing and you can't mess around anymore... i don't want him dance for us... i want him dance for himself... i don't care if he looks not perfect or even stupid XD as long as he's happy and not under that pressure to perform... but i think since he's already got that title... he couldn't accept it if someone suddenly says "oh? that's asia's dancing king? hmm not that impressive..." so he has to do his best ALL THE TIME T_T
HinataNoGo
HinataNoGo
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down