Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[07/20/2009 - 881903] Show Lo Commemorating Michael Jackson, Netizens Say Too High Profile

+21
Exuvalia
littlecutekitty
rokziie
miakaloveshow
kriztetalovesxioazhu
avondale09
lonely☻emo
jhesa43
tankianen
annakebana
freya1507
keirins
showmanic
Nana
endlessjoy
xiangxuanlin
char
woainishow
Sanguine
Jeannelok
mhay519
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[07/20/2009 - 881903] Show Lo Commemorating Michael Jackson, Netizens Say Too High Profile Empty [07/20/2009 - 881903] Show Lo Commemorating Michael Jackson, Netizens Say Too High Profile

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:16 pm

Before this article gets slammed too much...it seems to be from tabloid websites, not serious entertainment news. Not a big report. ...but I've put up so many articles recently....asianfanatics has become an addiction! I must stop browsing through it!!!

Show Luo Commemorating Michael Jackson, Netizens Say Too High Profile, Monday July 20, 2009, Taiwan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sources:
881903.com
wenweipo
ent.zjol.com

Translated by endlessjoy @ Asianfanatics.net

Last month Pop King, Michael Jackson, suddenly passed away. Many fans around the world have held memorial events to honor this super star. Amongst them, Taiwanese fans, through communicating through the internet, started a street flash event; gathering everyone to dance the classical “Beat It” on the streets. Artists that attended this event includes Show Luo (Xiao Zhu), Vitas Lu, and others. Though this caused much discontent as some MJ fans criticized the artists saying that they made a high profile appearance, causing the event to lose its purpose.

Since MJ passed away, many fans went to America, hoping to say good bye to this Pop King in person. Others who were not able to go overseas, held many creative and original memorial events in their local areas. In Taiwan, a famous dancer started a fast flash event, gathering MJ fans to the streets to dance the classical “Beat It.” Many artists such as Chen Han Dian, Cheer Chen, Vitas Lu, and many others appeared to show their support. Amongst them, Show Luo (Xiao Zhu) was criticized for wearing a Hip Hop outfit, making a high profile appearance. He (Show Luo) stated that all along, MJ has been his idol. He even planned on going to England to see is concert performance, but, unfortunately, the wish cannot come true. Therefore, he particularly asked for time off (1 hour) to attend this event to remember this super star with the other fans.

But, as this super idol, Show Luo, appeared, the crowd lost control; the whole area was a mess, causing much discontent among the MJ fans who attended the event. A report said that not only did netizens and MJ fans showed discontent, someone on the internet even questioned his (Show Luo) “good faith” for MJ. Netizens even said “If he really want to commemorate his idol, he can, like Vitas Lu and Cheer Chan, and just hide in the crowd.” Seems like MJ fans heavily value this fast flash event.

Back to top Go down

[07/20/2009 - 881903] Show Lo Commemorating Michael Jackson, Netizens Say Too High Profile Empty Re: [07/20/2009 - 881903] Show Lo Commemorating Michael Jackson, Netizens Say Too High Profile

Post by mhay519 Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:20 pm

aww, he just want to join the event as a fan himself...

believe getting the crowd's attention was unintentional....
Neutral
mhay519
mhay519
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1377

http://mab006.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

[07/20/2009 - 881903] Show Lo Commemorating Michael Jackson, Netizens Say Too High Profile Empty Re: [07/20/2009 - 881903] Show Lo Commemorating Michael Jackson, Netizens Say Too High Profile

Post by Jeannelok Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:45 pm

The fans are angry 'cause he go?
I don't understand, sorry o.o

Thanks for report ^^
Jeannelok
Jeannelok
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanguine Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:31 pm

yeah, according to the loser netzines, He drew all the attention to himself, and away from MJ.

like i said on asianfanatics, he only got an hour break, so he was probably doing something, and couldn't change into cloths that could classify as incognito. though, he was waring camo pants, a hat and sunglasses, so he was kinda inconspicuous.

well, whatever, this is just hot air on the net. just kinda unbelievable.

Last edited by Sanguine on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sanguine
Sanguine
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 68

http://xiaoguifanz.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by woainishow Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:36 pm

^ Yep, that makes total sense Smile
Also, there's always going to be some complainers who can't deal...
woainishow
woainishow
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 850

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/bianca21

Back to top Go down

Post by char Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:04 pm

^it's not Show's fault that he's famous... I'm sure he just wanted to join the memorial just like the rest of the crowd. This netizen person obviously has a lot of anger, he/she's just venting his/her anger to the first person that he/she can pick on! poor Show, he was truly sad for losing his idol... he doesn't deserve to be treated like that.
char
char
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 364

Back to top Go down

Post by xiangxuanlin Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:16 am

yeah like what others said. Its not SHOW's fault to be famous. He just want to share this moment with others since he is a fan of MJ.
xiangxuanlin
xiangxuanlin
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1499

http://ghelxlin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by endlessjoy Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:20 am

Actually, this news is also in some bigger news channels like TVBS, but I found the reports from these sites to have more information gathered so I chose to translate them instead.

Here's a clip during the event: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's a translation to an update of the news from this site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Show's manager, Xiao Shuang, represented Show to clarify the misunderstanding. Michael Jackson is Show's super idol; his dance teacher, Da Mu, gathered 20 to 30 dancers to attend this meaningful event. Show just couldn't say 'no' to his eager invitation. He was originally filming an advertisement/commercial in Chong Shan Bei Lu, but he sacrificed his one hour lunch time to run to the event. The media caught up with Show, having him accept an interview as an artist. But he himself did not invite any media to the event. After knowing the discontent of netizens, Show feels quite helpless.

The variety show that Show hosts, YLBFB, states that it did not go out to do recording for this event, it is Show's personal trip. And the fact is that the media did not receive any news ahead of time about Show's appearance. All can be said is that when one is popular, fingers start pointing; every step they take, the netizens just magnifies it.
endlessjoy
endlessjoy
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 415

Back to top Go down

Post by woainishow Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:14 am

^ Thanks for the clip...is it ok if I post here? There was soooo many people, I couldn't see Xiao Zhu, lol Smile
You actually start to really see Xiao Zhu at around 2:37, when everyone's dancing to Beat It in a more uniform way
It was weird how those cameras came out of nowhere though, right?

credit: oskhano

But I don't get why those people would criticize him...what if some celebrities in US had went over to his star on Hollywood Walk of Fame or to Neverland...they probably wouldn't blend in either, too many people know them, lol ^_^
woainishow
woainishow
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 850

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/bianca21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nana Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:25 am

thx 4 sharing...
Nana
Nana
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 575

http://www.ecy1212.space.live.com

Back to top Go down

Post by showmanic Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:26 am

i saw him in the strt ... but i duno it is him til i saw the black thing he is wearing ... lol ... i was like who is this guy ...? he dance so well ... hahax ... den at 2:39 when i saw the balck thing den i like OH ... that show ...btw ... if u listen proper ... when he left u can hear ppl shouting gou wang[king] gou wang gou wang gou wang ...
showmanic
showmanic
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 199

http://dreamypinkangel.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by keirins Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:53 am

Ooo..sad...why ppl always misunderstand him? Thanx God that xiao shuang already clarify this. Endlessjoy,thanx for ur translation n the updated news.
keirins
keirins
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by freya1507 Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:00 am

aish what problem do the ppl have ?????
it looks like for the tw media he cannot do anything right..... grrrrrrrrrrr
so upset ...
he wear the wrong cloth????? what the hell ... was there a dress code Evil or Very Mad
endlessjoy thanks for the addtional infos ....
nod nod ... ppl would recognize him anyway ...so what is the prob ... sure the ppl and the media will jump on him ... how should he have hide??? he was already wearing hat and glasses ...
freya1507
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3484

Back to top Go down

Post by annakebana Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:11 am

very mean.
he didn't mean anything.
i mean, come on, he just want to celebrate MJ's death together with the audience. i mean what's wrong with that. if he hide, he would not have any fun. haizzz....
i hope the people would understand him in the near future.
annakebana
annakebana
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by showmanic Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:23 am

u mean he wan to do tribute not celebrate ... hahax ... y celebrate why someone die ? lol
showmanic
showmanic
Fan
Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tankianen Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:24 am

Hmm why mus they like tat man,He oni wanted to join in like a true fan. These people really have nothing to do man! Like this also want to criticise..... Can They be more UNDERSTANDING man!!!!
tankianen
tankianen
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 32

http://www.showofpop.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannelok Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:00 am

Poor Show, they are so crazy! If he want to say goodbye to his idol, why is wrong? o.ò A fan is a fan. Famous person or not, he is a fan, so...what's the problem?

Ains...

Thanks for information.

Take care of you!
Jeannelok
Jeannelok
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by endlessjoy Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 am

I can understand why the MJ fans at the event was kind of pissed because they really wanted to pay a tribue to MJ, but the whole thing that day didn't seem to go that well. But they should blame the media, not Show. They're mad at the wrong person.

As for the media and netizens, there is no freaking proof that Show brought the media with him to the event. It's the media that followed him.
endlessjoy
endlessjoy
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Back to top Go down

Post by showmanic Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:44 am

and i think that maybe coz he went there straight from the filming set during his lunch break so he think that he dun hav to change his clothes and the media tot that he wan going to see his gf or wad ... u noe ... media they like to gossip wad ... so they followed and found out that he is paying tribute ... so i think no one is at fault ... netizens upset coz turn out to b a mess due to media following show , show nvr change clothes coz only hav 1 hr of lunch break and went there straight and media hav to work ... so i think no one at fault ... =)
showmanic
showmanic
Fan
Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jhesa43 Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 am

i agree with you guys...i dont see any wrong about SHOW...well, they have to thank SHOW for being there...its just that SHOW shows his sincerity...eventhough he knows that i lot of ppl will recognize him he still go there to attend that event. HE really loves MJ.

Poor them! Smile
jhesa43
jhesa43
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1260

http://jhesa43.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freya1507 Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 pm

i guess the media was already there to rec the event anyway ...and then they jumped on him
aishhh ....
i noticed in ylbfb he talked about it today at the live epi ...but i did not understand enough ... it looks like he apologized again ....
aish why do they put him always in this kind of postion .... *sigh
freya1507
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3484

Back to top Go down

Post by Nana Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:11 pm

just think about the positive things gals...
show just wanna appreciate MJ.
we must not hear what media says...
media always talk the bad things about show..
i learned about journalism.. and entertainment is not journalism.. because it not publish news BASED ON FACT.. they always boomed a bad news or downsizing a great news...
entertainment is really not a professional journalism....
Nana
Nana
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 575

http://www.ecy1212.space.live.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lonely☻emo Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:22 pm

Shocked don't know what to say....
it's maybe xiao zhu too popular...hahah,.
so everywhere he is, there always be news about him, even though its bad news or the good ones,,
its okay...
and thanks to xiao shuang for clarify the misunderstanding, its really help... Very Happy Smile
lonely☻emo
lonely☻emo
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:03 pm

I think this will die down really soon. It's not like Show stood up and gave a speech, or entered the street with an entourage behind him....Plus, when all those US celebrities showed up in LA (wow...MJ is STILL dominating the news...I turn on CNN at night, and he's still headlines), nobody made a big deal because the media (and people) there understood the stars were honoring MJ, not stealing the spotlight. Also, after watching the video...doesn't it seem like Show is trying to get away from the cameras, and put the other dancers in focus? Or maybe it's just the video angle.

On the other hand, only extremely famous celebrities get slammed for something like this (b/c they're what the public likes to see)...so, on the bright side, it shows how famous Show is now! Not so much of a bright side, maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by avondale09 Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:00 pm

Grrr this makes me so angry. I don't understand why they like to rip on him every chance they get. It's so dumb! It's not his fault he's famous, can't they just leave him alone for like, 10 minutes? I mean seriously. In the video, before the media like pushes through to get to him, you can't even tell which one is him. I mean, we know, because we saw the picture of his outfit (well I saw it on a different site), and we knew what he was wearing. But if we didn't, I mean, he looked the same as everyone else dancing. Just honoring like everyone else. SO DUMB! **sigh** Whatever, I'm sure it'll blow over soon.
avondale09
avondale09
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1438

https://www.facebook.com/inbox/?drop&ref=mb#/profile.php?id=6

Back to top Go down

Post by mhay519 Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:28 pm

thanks for the video! ah, i saw him!

& yes, if we didn't know what he's wearing, we'll never know it's him.
not his fault to be popular though.
those media sucks!
mhay519
mhay519
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1377

http://mab006.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kriztetalovesxioazhu Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:31 pm

okay so what's wrong for being a big fan of MJ and participating to the event for MJ's death? even though SHOW is a famous celebrity already he still can be a fan of someone...SHOW is just showing his talent he learned from MJ...he is not stealing the spotlight...d*mn [sorry for the term] those media people who always say bad things about SHOW...i hate them so much..can't they just do articles about how SHOW is doing good in his career, how talented he is and how SHOW works hard to get the FAME he deserve.[sorry for the term]

btw,thanks for sharing....

iloveyou SHOW!!!
xiao zhu forever XD
kriztetalovesxioazhu
kriztetalovesxioazhu
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by miakaloveshow Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:55 pm

So Whats the problem he only wants to attend B'coz MJ is his Super idol..he don't want to ruin the event....and now they criticize him poor Xiao zhu he so popular that why when he come on the event all attention focus on him..he didn't mean anything..and now he deserve wrong accusation..what wrong with those people..its good that xiao zhu attend the event and they be thank of Him... Twisted Evil gosh those people was pathetic..the media using him again b'coz he was to famous..We always here to support u Show...Jiao u...we always believe in you..next time be careful to attend on any event with those pity people.. No
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
miakaloveshow
miakaloveshow
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1555

Back to top Go down

Post by endlessjoy Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:11 pm

freya1507 wrote:i guess the media was already there to rec the event anyway ...and then they jumped on him
aishhh ....
i noticed in ylbfb he talked about it today at the live epi ...but i did not understand enough ... it looks like he apologized again ....
aish why do they put him always in this kind of position .... *sigh
During the live episode today Show just reiterated his explanation that he was working in another place and used one hour to attend the event and that he didn't bring the media. Before this event, there was another fast flash event earlier and media was also there to film, so Show didn't bring the media. Show also said that he did not dance the wrong steps, it's just that he couldn't hear the music, so it was difficult to follow the beat. He also said that the majority of the netizens and fans at the event was quite happy that he came. As for the ones who are in discontent, there's nothing much he can do. All he did was supporting his idol. He also said "they didn't say that artists can't come. Why not next time, you guys say artists can't come, then we won't come."

This is not a direct translation, but it pretty much sums it up. If there's anything I missed, please someone fill it in.
endlessjoy
endlessjoy
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:14 pm

If anyone needs a translation and complete summary of Show's statement, I put one up on the YLBFB thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next