Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[2011-03-19 iWeekly] "Only for You" Album review by iWeekly (Eng Translations)

+13
ALICE LIM
lzxslxz123
destinasf
Aspara
hershei01
lollipopbbt<3show
kimmortal
IStarYous
xiaozhu_woaini07
rawrr101
Rita8D
a_rita
GoWithTheShowLo
17 posters

Go down

[2011-03-19 iWeekly] "Only for You" Album review by iWeekly (Eng Translations) Empty [2011-03-19 iWeekly] "Only for You" Album review by iWeekly (Eng Translations)

Post by GoWithTheShowLo Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Show, who has made an fixed impression on everybody as a fashion icon dancing king recently released his eight album, Only for You. For the sake of making a breakthrough, instead of using a fast song, Show chooses a ballad, Hero In Vain, as his hit song. My biggest question is his reason for doing so. King Lo once admitted that his singing was not counted good, but he works very hard. And to take his singing abilities to a higher level, he went for vocal training. Still, hard work with no skill is too slow for improvement, and even if it is not too slow, [he] should take not on a song with such difficulty. I am afraid to say that a person should know his limits. Rather than putting everyone's ears in a difficult position, why not sing songs which are easier.
After all, Show is not suitable for these type of things. He should go on with his previous kind of style, the kind of easy-to-sing-in-any-situation kind of songs like <Touch my Heart> and the rest of the songs in the album (The writer was talking about the genres of the song and other stuff, i didn't translate it cuz i found them useless. )
Every artiste will have something their good at. Show belongs more to the visible sensation genre. Indeed he is no doubt someone to look up to, but for Hero In Vain, a song which test your abilities to the such extremes which only fans will be able to able to fully accept it, I suggest him to avoid these kind of song when he can avoid them. (Which is indirectly telling him not to sing these type of songs anymore)

translated by GoWithTheShowLo
source: iWeekly
picture: halvir

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by GoWithTheShowLo on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:10 am; edited 2 times in total

GoWithTheShowLo
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

[2011-03-19 iWeekly] "Only for You" Album review by iWeekly (Eng Translations) Empty Re: [2011-03-19 iWeekly] "Only for You" Album review by iWeekly (Eng Translations)

Post by a_rita Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm

wow... this article hurts a little...
who was the jealous person who write this, or was he drunk?
why do they love to write bad things about Show when more and more people (of all ages) are starting to love him... Evil or Very Mad
a_rita
a_rita
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

[2011-03-19 iWeekly] "Only for You" Album review by iWeekly (Eng Translations) Empty Re: [2011-03-19 iWeekly] "Only for You" Album review by iWeekly (Eng Translations)

Post by Rita8D Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:30 pm

lmao!! ._.;; wdh it isn't their business about the songs, he sang. =.=;;; i think they got nothing else to write!!
Rita8D
Rita8D
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1174

Back to top Go down

Post by rawrr101 Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:08 pm

What's up with that? Why tell him to stop singing those songs and just sing easy-to-sing-in-any-situation kind of songs. The article is kinda insulting.

Thanks for the trans.
rawrr101
rawrr101
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 568

Back to top Go down

Post by xiaozhu_woaini07 Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:16 pm

WTF. @_@ I'm pissed. What is up with these people man? This article.....THIS ARTICLE!!!!! Evil or Very Mad I wanna tear this article apart...or better yet tear the person apart who wrote this. I mean, wth?! Why tell him to do this? It's like he's saying to Show that you might as well stop singing. -.-" WELL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JEAOUS DRUNK PERSON?!?! Whatever you say will not affect him or his fans, in this case, us. It won't work that way, pal.

UGH. People.....-.-" His singing has improved so did his dance. And yes, he improved singing live too but GIVE IT A REST PEOPLE! T_T This article is insulting and should be burned. And possibly burn down the house of the person who wrote this? >_>

I, too, prefer his voice because it's so soothing. I always turn to him when I'm in a bad mood or feeling down. He always brings a smile to my face. Smile

Luo Zhi Xiang! JAI YOU!! Wo Ai Ni~ <33 Smile
xiaozhu_woaini07
xiaozhu_woaini07
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 785

https://www.youtube.com/user/xiaozhu0789

Back to top Go down

Post by IStarYous Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:59 pm

what the heckk yoo?! i think Show should be able to sing whatever he wants.. if he wants to sing something thats difficult, it will definately help him improve on his vocals.. to say that he should just sing easy songs.. thats very insulting (n)

i agree with xiaozhu_woaini07 Smile i love his voice ;D it calms me down and just hearing him makes me happy Smile
IStarYous
IStarYous
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by kimmortal Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Why sing easy songs? That's like standing in one spot -- never improving, never challenging yourself. That's such a stupid thing to say! It's not even constructive criticism. If that person knows music, he/she should consider the emotions that the singer conveys while singing the song. Show is very good at this. I don't even like Hero in Vain that much but I can hear the sincerity in it.

And what's up with saying his vocal range is limited? Has the person TRIED to sing Show's songs? I'm a pretty good singer and I had difficulty singing his ballads. I don't HEAR anything wrong with Show's rendition of Pin Shen Me (Hero In Vain). I don't understand what some people are saying -- it sounds perfect to me.

What sort of review was that?! Everyone who has heard Pin Shen Me complimented Show on singing it. UGH! That article just makes me SO MAD!
kimmortal
kimmortal
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 308

http://t.sina.com.cn/kimhanh

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipopbbt<3show Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:29 pm

i just want to say to that idiot, if show keeps singing the same songs, his fan base will never increase. And some of the songs are the reason we became his fans. i really got more interested in him after watching HMS, and i thought that ai feng tou was a really nice song, i searched more and i super fell in love with him in ai de zhu chang xiu Smile really loved that song Smile

but anyway you stupid ^%&*#$ ^%@*$^!!! if show keeps on singing the same songs, guys like you will say that he keeps on singing the same songs! you always have something negative to find! That was like one of his best songs!!! Why the hell don't u try singing it?! you may be criticizing Show for his voice, but i am 110% sure you aren't any better.

AND WHO THE H*LL SAID ONLY FANS WILL APPRECIATE IT?!!! HE GAINED A LOT OF FANS AFTER DU YI WU ER!!! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW MUCH ALBUMS WERE SOLD?!!

i don't know if i'm overreacting, but sorry anyway Sad as a fan of show i learned to forgive (trying to...) but i hope you still thank him Smile if it weren't for show(not only Show, but other celebs u criticize), nobody would buy your magazines, and you wouldn't have your job Smile just saying...

lollipopbbt<3show
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 1723

Back to top Go down

Post by hershei01 Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:37 am

wth.
"only fans are willing to accept"
????
WHAT! . it's not really irritating in anyone's ears! except ofcourse you :/
i even let it be heard by my family and those kpop fans but they were not like "gah. what's this? it's not even good!"

i dont even think it's bad to go beyond your limits.. that's what artist should do.. dont you even know it? if he will bring in the same dishes.. how could we say if he's really good.. if he really improved or what so ever? YOU NEVER EVEN TRIED TO SING HIS SONGS. ARE YOU EVEN A SINGER ? or even a composer.. have you graduate with anything under a music degree? have you been judging singing competitions? have you? well maybe i dont really know you.. but hell. you can just say he's not a good singer.. but never judge his limitations. cause he's been working so hard for it. He lost once.. and dont you think he will let it happen again just by giving you what is definitely "booring" same old thing?

it's not that im a fan that im going against what you say.. but because my eyes .. ears and mind is open wide that's why i can understand.

killing me.
well.. sing better if you could.
hershei01
hershei01
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 607

http://forevershowluo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspara Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:05 am

well...i realise the other reviews of other albums dont have good reviews either.or ever.don't take it too hard.it's usually like this here.usually the only time they say good things about people is when they are biased towards em,esp if they benefit them in some way or another.thats why sometimes reading SG newspapers and all...i don't quite take em seriously.i would give you some examples here,but its not exactly related to show so yeah...

Aspara
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 136

Back to top Go down

Post by destinasf Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:46 am

Sooner or later there will always be a writer that feels that good looking singer can't really sings and only got famous because of their looks.
After looking back at his previous albums, I feel that he has matured a lot and manage to capture the interest and heart of fans from all ages.

I really respect him for admiting to taking vocal lessons to improve and exceed his singing ability. Which artist would admit to their weaknesses. This is not easy for a Leo who always want "face". BTW Pin She Mo is not an easy song to sing. Eventhough, it is not my favourite song but I totally understand why he has picked it. Choosing it to be his hit song is definately very brave of him. In a way, this album has showed his maturity and he is not longer that young punk anymore...

Last edited by destinasf on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
destinasf
destinasf
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 486

Back to top Go down

Post by lzxslxz123 Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:58 am

it's kinda rude. why should the writer say this awful things about the album and Show.
and why should he tell that Show must not sing songs like Pin She Me. I should ask that writer if he can sing much better than Show. If he can't who does he think he is for saying that? Or if he did, he doesn't have the right to talk about the song or Show that way also. And he said, Slow For Improvement?? Show improved a lot. Even though it's not fast, at least he tried his best to prove to us fans that he is worthy for our love, like and support.

but anyways, let's support Show, no matter what happens...!! Smile
lzxslxz123
lzxslxz123
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1363

Back to top Go down

Post by ALICE LIM Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:02 am

@#%$&*!@#$% who is this idoit? That person is jealous of show so famous n each year his fans is increasing. This idoit is just trying to demotivate Show. That person is an "asshole". But we as Show fans & his wifes always accept whatever he wants to sing. To us, is always a song that suits him and we love him as who he is. We love u, Show!!!
ALICE LIM
ALICE LIM
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by ALICE LIM Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:16 am

When I'm in a bad mood or feeling lonely or even stress in work, i always listen to his music. And that make me feel much better. How can this person says he shouldn't sing that song? All his songs always make my stress level go down when i hear his songs. How can these perfect songs make peoples ears hurt when it's my medicine for stess, bad mood, lonely and headache?
ALICE LIM
ALICE LIM
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita8D Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:22 pm

I agree to ALICE LIM
His ballads r so beautiful ..I can't even remember how many times I cried, listenning to them. And he can sing w/e songs that he want, they have no right to tell him this. If he only sings fast and upbeat but no ballad, other people who finaally get to know him or some search him up and listen to his songs, they might think he's boring, but still, we will happy for w/e he sings <3 and it is normal for artist to sing ballads and fast songs idk since ages ago x-x'''
Rita8D
Rita8D
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:42 pm

It's funny because Hero in Vain is one of my favourite songs of his ever. It seems so heartfelt and touching, and you can feel how much effort Show has put into the song.

It is much more memorable to me than any 'easy' visual song he reviewer thinks Show should do.

Plus, I agree with everyone else about challenging your limits. You cannot just be happy to stay in a comfort zone singing the same songs. If Show didn't keep pushing the limits and aiming higher his career would not be as successful.

Wolf
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by iloveqtshow Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:54 pm

I think Show would appreciate that writer. That writer would totally motivate Show to prove him wrong.
The writer was a bit extreme in insulting Show to stay in his comfort zone, but I believe the writer:
1. was in a bad mood
2. just hates Show for no reason
3. is a loser
4. Has no one better to insult than one of the most loved stars in Asian industry, and get his/her house egged.
haha. SHOW! Jia You! Nu Li.. CHENG GONG!!
iloveqtshow
iloveqtshow
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita8D Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:18 am

''I am afraid to say that a person should know his limits. Rather than putting everyone's ears in a difficult position''
lmao x-x;;wt putting ears in difficult position. and show always said to push ur limits and aim higher and this dude is saying that Show should know his limits ._.;;!!!
yeah I agree iloveqtshow, this thing will piss Show off and he will totally get motivate by this
Rita8D
Rita8D
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by rawrr101 Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:54 am

''I am afraid to say that a person should know his limits. Rather than putting everyone's ears in a difficult position''

Hah~ I think the writer should know his LIMITS. Saying these rude stuff about Show is so over the top. The writer puts everyone's eyes in a difficult position because of this article. Pfft.

Show's voice is soothing. I sleep to his songs. I even study while listening to his songs. He motivates me and tells me to keep on fighting. PinSheMe is very inspirational and Show sang it beautifully.

The writer is just jealous and wants fame. The more rude the reviews are, the more attention it gets from the public. But, the fame he's getting is from the people bashing/hating on him. This just shows how trashy the writer is. Smile
rawrr101
rawrr101
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 568

Back to top Go down

Post by RainieLove Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:32 pm

This article is the definition of jealous.
RainieLove
RainieLove
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Rita8D Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Lol i think they just piss cuz the lyrics of Pin She Me, the beginning ow it said the rumors and the i forgot something talking.. i think that's y they wrote this
Rita8D
Rita8D
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by yu_chun_shan Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:51 pm

this article was kind of hurtful... i was sad the whole time i read this...
the writer is clearly not seeing the improvement in his singing in Pin She Me... in my opinion, show was able to reach those high notes with no difficulty this time around... his voice clearly improved and he is really one of those few singers out there who can really convey the feelings that was supposed to be conveyed in a song... Sad this just makes me sad...

Luo zhi xiang, jia you!
yu_chun_shan
yu_chun_shan
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 808

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down