Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[12/21/2008 - Sina] Show Lo’s new MV accused of plagarising Rain

+25
miakaloveshow
huiwen
Tonya
ellehcir1408
lonelygurl
wa_zhi011
bubblo
loveshowforever
vickie
mhay519
Nunzia
Lyzzrenee
o_ost1nao_o
r0ngx
Felicitationx3
ammer_sweet
ohretro
Nana
chinesegiirl93
freya1507
masquerade
celinaa
diane25
archie1804
ailin_stef
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[12/21/2008 - Sina] Show Lo’s new MV accused of plagarising Rain Empty [12/21/2008 - Sina] Show Lo’s new MV accused of plagarising Rain

Post by ailin_stef Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:17 am

Show Lo’s new MV accused of plagarising Rain
original title translated by Sarah : "Show Luo’s new MV accused of plagarising Rain"

source: sina
translated by: Sarah @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Show Lo’s new song ‘Strong Reasons’has begun to promote everywhere, and sharp-eye viewers have noticed that in the MV, the concept of fire turning into human is similar to Rain’s ‘Rainism’ MV - concept of water turning into human.

The shooting tactics in this MV seems to be almost identical to Rain’s ‘Rainism’ MV, which was released in October. Other than that, even the pre-book posters have been accused of plagarising the album cover of Robin Thicke’s 2006 album ‘The Evolution Of Robin Thicke’

In response to this, Show’s manager expressed: “Show’s concept in this MV is that a person’s worst enemy is really himself, so Show depicts both good and evil. In the MV, fire is used as special effects, and if people think that this part is a bit similar, then there is nothing really we can say. However, the concept, appearance and special effects are very different in both MV, but they are both good. As for the poster, it purely is a picture found in a textbook depicting ‘the evolutionary history of man’. It has nothing to do with Robin Thicke, and they are not the same.”

Examining both MV, Rain’s MV is black and quiet at the beginning, then under the raindrops, it transforms into Rain. After this, he leads 6 dancers and shows off a dance oroutine. In the MV, black and white exchange, and as they go into a party, it gives off a feeling like defeating a monster.

Show’s MV is directed by Lang Wei Kang, and production costs are estimated to be 3,000,000NT (600,000RMB). It also begins with darkness and silence, and under the fire sparks, it transforms into Show. He leads 8 dancers and shows off a ‘Dancing Feet’ routine, that was choreographed by American dance teacher Link. In Show’s MV, there is more solo dance, afterwards, they enter a dungeon that is created by using special effects. The concept here is that Show is confronting his own demons. All we can say is that the beginning of both MV is quite similar, and water and fire is different, but seems to have tacit understanding.

-----------------------------------------
I hate this kind of news ....
Sad

Last edited by o_ost1nao_o on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
ailin_stef
ailin_stef
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

[12/21/2008 - Sina] Show Lo’s new MV accused of plagarising Rain Empty Re: [12/21/2008 - Sina] Show Lo’s new MV accused of plagarising Rain

Post by archie1804 Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:33 am

hm.. I agree with Show's manager.

in the MV, the fire effects was used to give an feeling of a "demon" and 'hell". fire related to hell, rite? The main theme of the mv is Show facing his own enemy, like the words shown up at the beginning of the mv.

but for Rain, -i'm just guessing here-, they using water effects coz of Rain's name. Rain connected with water, rite? And for the theme of the mv, i dunno.

I guess it's ok to have "similar idea" in creative world. doesn't mean that it called plagarising. note that is 'similar' doesn't mean 100% same. the same idea could has different result in with different execution from the creative people.

bleh.. this kind of news already become a habit at each new album release and happen at almost every singer. People try to connected things so they can write sth.
archie1804
archie1804
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

[12/21/2008 - Sina] Show Lo’s new MV accused of plagarising Rain Empty Re: [12/21/2008 - Sina] Show Lo’s new MV accused of plagarising Rain

Post by diane25 Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:22 am

oh well, this news is just one of the common articles that comes out upon the release of any albums or MVs.

i haven't seen rain's MV, but, but if the concept is somewhat really the same, well, Show is Show and he has his own style to make his own moves. sometimes, ideas are repeated but this doesn't mean copying..

about the poster, show's evolution is based on human history not to anyone who has maybe the same picture as his.

let's just support Show and not let anyone try to put him down. Wink
diane25
diane25
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 662

http://dianebeintecinco.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by celinaa Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:45 am

diane25 wrote:i haven't seen rain's MV, but, but if the concept is somewhat really the same, well, Show is Show and he has his own style to make his own moves. sometimes, ideas are repeated but this doesn't mean copying..
about the poster, show's evolution is based on human history not to anyone who has maybe the same picture as his.
let's just support Show and not let anyone try to put him down. Wink
yeah i totally agree!!
show has his own style, and similar does not mean the same!!
support show 4 ever Very Happy
celinaa
celinaa
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 277

Back to top Go down

Post by masquerade Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:28 am

yea! it's just some coincidence, and people starts to mix and mash, and then it's the so-called 'copycats'

what to say? when you're popular, people starts to get a tiny little bit of point and start critizing you.

and this means Show's popular =) *thinks positively*
masquerade
masquerade
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 65

http://www.cul-desac.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freya1507 Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:01 am

i have to admit, when i say shows vid, my first thought "rainism"
but
i dont have any prob with (and i am a rain fan)
yes the concept is pretty the same
but
both music vids are fashionable, and when something is in fashion its hard to make very diffrent things
no matter if music, dance steps, photoshooting concepts
we are listenting to popmusic - sure its pop
how can the music bussiness / press / fans expect that differences are huge?
i'm 100% sure that show knows rain's vid before hand, and also shows manager, but still they decide to use the concept for the vid they have now,
and i'm sure they knew, that this kind of article will come up ... but it seems they still decided for it .... so if show is fine with
i'm fine too

i love both vids
if something is hot - its not becoming bad if somebody else does it again I love you

about the poster ....
evolution of man ....
aish this is just stupid ... this is a classical theme ... all who use it copy it ... robin "however" did copy it too ... so who was the first ...

btw if you want to watch rainism [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and the evolution of man here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
they should better point out who did not copy this ;-) ...if you can call using a classical theme copying

Last edited by freya1507 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
freya1507
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3484

Back to top Go down

Post by chinesegiirl93 Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 am

wow it really look same..:/ I watche d mv
chinesegiirl93
chinesegiirl93
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 738

Back to top Go down

Post by Nana Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:10 am

sometimes to be popular is little bit hard...
i think these are all just a gossip that wanna make SHOW failed in his album..
but.. SHOW always can be the best...
and we are all will always support SHOW!!!!!!
hohohohohoh....
Nana
Nana
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 575

http://www.ecy1212.space.live.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ohretro Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:12 am

EW, Rain?
Who would copy Rain is beyond me.
However, someone else brought up another "copying" by Show.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by ohretro on Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
ohretro
ohretro
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by ammer_sweet Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:54 am

Yeah, i don't like this kind of news, either.
They have many things in common but their concepts are different. I just noticed that Rain filmed his MV in Thailand, my country haha i never watched it before i read this news.
Well whether show copied from rain or not, i still support him.
ammer_sweet
ammer_sweet
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 222

http://ammersweet.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicitationx3 Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:28 pm

HOLD ON WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!

first of all, if its "copying" anything, it should be darwinism and evolution of the cavemen. Who said Rain Bi invented THAT?! Delusional people much? I bet its some of those Rain fan idiots. And I have seen this idea USED a BILLIIIOON times. So Show just does it better. Rain is just jealous that his sells aren't as high and his "world tour" concert sucked.
Felicitationx3
Felicitationx3
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 785

http://www.myspace.com/simply_goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by r0ngx Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:09 pm

What!!! How can they say that! Show is like so much hotter when he dance! And show must be pretty sad about this Sad

r0ngx
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 117

http://rongwanchan.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by o_ost1nao_o Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:06 pm

LOLOL...
ANYWAY..
yeah. right. i'm sure RAIN, didn't get it from someone else?
LIKE.. WTF> TONS of sci-fi, and fantasy-ish movie-ish commercial-ish thing.. have that SAME.. rain into human, fire into human, wind into human junk...
don't give me that SHIATOIHTEOIWREHTRT that this is what you call plagiarism.

Smile i absolutely LOATHE this kinda of news, which is why you NEVER see me translating this kind of shaasrotiiiit. Smile

this stuff ONLY happens and ONLY gets written about people that are popular.. because the media and ETC. try to think of ANY WAY POSSIBLE to destroy someone. Not that this would destroy him. I feel that SOMEONE and SOMEONE'S COMPANY is just jealous of MR. ASIA DANCE KING SHOW LO ? heh.. Smile they're just kicking themselves, for not having taken title first.. Razz SUCKAS.

sorry to rain fans. i'm not a fan. obviously. and probably never will be. i have nothing against him, but he's going go all bonkers over some GRAPHICS .. then.. and yes, even though RAIN never said this himself, i'll betcha he's sittin on his high pedestal thinkin..... nvmd.

o_ost1nao_o
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3380

https://love4show.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyzzrenee Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:39 pm

this is just sad and pathetic. Can't the media come up with something else to complain or criticize. I mean this is the kind of stuff that drives the hardworking people up the wall. oh well, there's bound to be comparison between artists.
Lyzzrenee
Lyzzrenee
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by ohretro Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:54 pm

Omg, I've always said Rain looks like a pedophile!
I AGREE!!
OMFG.
Hate Rain.

WOW WOW...look at what this user posted on Asian Fanatics under the same article.

"what the f*ck copy cat
poor bi...dat dude will never match ur level copycat loser lol "

WOW...

Last edited by ohretro on Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
ohretro
ohretro
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicitationx3 Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:02 pm

NOW I HATE HIM! THAT POS ACCUSING SHOW OF DOING ANYTHING IS BEYONG DISGUISTING!
Felicitationx3
Felicitationx3
Staff Security
Staff Security

Back to top Go down

Post by Nunzia Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:13 pm

ohretro wrote:Omg, I've always said Rain looks like a pedophile!
I AGREE!!
OMFG.
Hate Rain.

I think you cant say such offence to someone that you really dont know.
I am Show and Rain's fan.....i love them at the same way....so if someone copied, for me really doesn't matter.

What I want say about the "copy" is nor Rain neither Show are responsable of that, because they doesn't direct their MV. They just sing and act in them...so if MVs look like similar (also for me a bit...but doesn't matter), i'm really wondering who care this..who choose how do promotion, how do MV, how dress up ...etc
There is something strange.....because when his CD go out, always happen something like this....
pour Show....
Nunzia
Nunzia
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 98

http://luozhixiang.forumfree.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by mhay519 Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:40 pm

the video & pre-book cover had somewhat similar concept.
but what the heck?!
what matters at the end is who did best, right?
anyway, it happens evertime/everywhere, even not in the entertainment industry.
maybe we can put it in more positive term - benchmarking...

i'm not a fan of Rain but when i saw his video, have to admit that i'm also amazed by the way he dances. but he & Show has their own style & their own fans. & maybe Rain didn't know anything about this until some people brought this issue up bec they don't have anything better to do.

so sisters, let's just continue supporting Show.
such news will just die naturally...
Wink
mhay519
mhay519
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1377

http://mab006.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vickie Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:34 pm

Plagarise your head!
if those ppl say its copied.
why wont they say everything else is copied too?!
NEWSPAPER ARTICLES ARE COPIED. WHY WONT THEY SAY ANYTHING?!
seriously, everybody copy each other, its human nature.
(HAHAHA, DNA is copied too XD..)

anyways, the whole point is...this article is pointless LOL.
i dont kno why it is written..but watever.
ppl like to say watever they want....

all i kno is..Show can ignore this. we can ignore this=]
vickie
vickie
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 2435

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/casin8

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicitationx3 Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:00 pm

Okay, so I just want to say, I am sure Rain is not the one who started saying stuff about how Show plagerized his MV (Though he is pretty ....hmmm yeah). And ah, every piece of music is deriaved from somewhere, just because it looks alike doesn't mean the idea is copied. Geez. If Show copied Rain's MV, then everyone who is in the hip hop industry copied the first man who started the genre!
Felicitationx3
Felicitationx3
Staff Security
Staff Security

Back to top Go down

Post by loveshowforever Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:58 pm

OMG!
SHOW MUST BE REALLLLLLLYYYYY SADDD ABOUT THIS.
I MEAN ITS LIKE HIS OWN PERSONAL IDEA HAVE TURNED INTO A WHOLE BIG MISUNDERSTANDING. ITS NOW REALLY FAIR. HE WORKED SO HARD TO PIECE HIS WHOLE ALBUM TOGETHER, AND NOW ITS NOT EVEN OUT YET, NEWS LIKE THESE WILL REALLY MAKE HIM STEP BACKWARDS.. )::
loveshowforever
loveshowforever
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicitationx3 Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:08 pm

I am pretty sure he is used to it by now. The media would say anything to get more hits! Thats sooo sad.
Felicitationx3
Felicitationx3
Staff Security
Staff Security

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblo Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:23 pm

this is so insane... criticising SHOW? the evolution idea is so much different... SHOW's idea is showing us how he has changed since 15 years ago until now... but tht ROBIN is different movements i guess....
SHOW's so innocent to be said this kind of way... so unfair to him... he must be sad or heart broken...
and the MV is talking about ones ability to overcome itself.. nothing to do with RAIN's rainism
bubblo
bubblo
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 257

http://www.memorieskept-inme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wa_zhi011 Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:04 am

please dont compare show and rain, show luo not copying rain and the both of them has their own way to promote their self just ignore all the people want look show luo down in his career, LET'S SUPPORT SHOW LUO NEW ALBUM and be his number one fans..... ALWAYS SUPPORT SHOW LUO ZHI XIANG.... king lol! santa
wa_zhi011
wa_zhi011

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by lonelygurl Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:56 am

The one about Robin Thicke annoys me the most. WTF?! Robin's album cover doesn't even make sense. Evolution of what?!?!?!His pose? Sheesshh. Either way they both adapted the Evolution of Man on their cover. But Shows one tried to depict how much he has changed.

About Rain. Uh that's the first mv of Rain that I saw. I can't watch it all. I'm sorry I just do not like him. Why I do not know. It's just the feeling lol. But MAD PROPS! He's a good dancer. Either way they just have the same concept. But I don't think they're the same. if anything Show's video reminded me of how when i was younger I saw the Backstreet's back video (i don't mean he copied. i am just trying to point out vampires/monsters concepts are not UNCHARTERED TERRITORY. Therefore NOONE should even say Show copied.)

Rain's water forming at the beginning reminded me a lot of the TLC Waterfalls video at the end when they danced. But that doesn't mean he copied as well ughh!!!
Why are the media trying to destroy Show's spirit? URghh so d*mn annooying!

Last edited by lonelygurl on Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
lonelygurl
lonelygurl
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by freya1507 Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:36 am

Felicitationx3 wrote:I bet its some of those Rain fan idiots.

can we please speareate between
press and rain fans Neutral

we are talking here about an article ... which is written by a reporter

i just think its not fair to blame rain fans
they did not speak out what ever in media

and its not Rain who said Show copy him ....
freya1507
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Back to top Go down

Post by freya1507 Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:45 am

Nunzia wrote:

I think you cant say such offence to someone that you really dont know.
I am Show and Rain's fan.....i love them at the same way....so if someone copied, for me really doesn't matter.

What I want say about the "copy" is nor Rain neither Show are responsable of that, because they doesn't direct their MV. They just sing and act in them...so if MVs look like similar (also for me a bit...but doesn't matter), i'm really wondering who care this..who choose how do promotion, how do MV, how dress up ...etc
There is something strange.....because when his CD go out, always happen something like this....
pour Show....

feel the same way like you
as i said before .....
its so sad to see how "media - news" get mixed with ppl itself *sigh
it makes me really sad to read some of the reactions here ... some are soo emotinal ... *sigh
i think as a fan no matter of whom we should be able to accept the work of others too
i'm always happy when i can manage that my fandome does not blind me ...even its sometimes hard to stay objectiv

like nuzia
i'm a fan of both ...
even though some of you here might want to kill me now Wink

sorry for the double posting ....but i did not read all before i answered Embarassed
freya1507
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Back to top Go down

Post by ellehcir1408 Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:42 am

wat the f*uck is that person thinking??? not because things look a bit the same wen u look at it in ur first glace means someone copied.as if show would want to copy rain wen he is soo much better.. scratch duh?? they are both good in their own crafts.. y cant the others get rid of the dungs in their head without dragging others to their shameless tactics.. ergghhh.
ellehcir1408
ellehcir1408
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 437

Back to top Go down

Post by ellehcir1408 Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:48 am

and on second look at the evolution of wat ever that "thing(robin)" had.. it looks like the evolution of learning how to wear ur suit *in a bad sense of course coz he looked too scruffy.. how in the world did it look like show copied his???
ellehcir1408
ellehcir1408
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 437

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonya Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:29 am

I'm totally agree with nunzia..
Rain and Show aresn't the MV directors!!!!
so why everyone accused them at the first moment!!
OMG..I hate so much this-...-_-"
Tonya
Tonya
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1639

http://luozhixiang.forumfree.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next