Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[04/11/2008 - China Times] Ma Zhi Tai Implies Show Lo Wasn't In Character During Filming, Director Retorts That Ma Was Actually The Weakest Link

+8
luoi87
Gibberish.
vickie
xSHILIN
stuipid445
..|dreeam|..
Tonya
o_ost1nao_o
12 posters

Go down

[04/11/2008 - China Times] Ma Zhi Tai Implies Show Lo Wasn't In Character During Filming, Director Retorts That Ma Was Actually The Weakest Link Empty [04/11/2008 - China Times] Ma Zhi Tai Implies Show Lo Wasn't In Character During Filming, Director Retorts That Ma Was Actually The Weakest Link

Post by o_ost1nao_o Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:45 pm

Ma Zhi Tai Implies Show Lo Wasn't In Character During Filming, Director Retorts That Ma Was Actually The Weakest Link

04/11/2008

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[*Ma Zhi Tai (right) will be performing in "GAME" with Ji Bao Ru]

Senior actress Ma Zhi Tai had participated in the recent filming of idol drama "Hot Shot" with a guest role as Show "Xiao Zhu [Little Pig]" Lo's grandmother, on the 10th, she spokes harshly about the experience of working is the younger actors. She pointed out that the younger actors have less time to get into a role, and they have too much work on top of that, Show had a scene were he had to cry, but his emotions weren't all there, implying that Show Lo has difficulty getting into character!

To one's surprise, yesterday, Show's management company and GTV had strongly disputed, where even the director for this drama Lin He Long's flame was on full blast, retorting and criticizing that Ma was the "weakest link in the drama," and he had to cut out a lot of her scenes.

Saying that Younger [actors] don't take enough time to get into character

Yesterday, Ma Zhi Tai along with Li Tian Zhu, Song Da Min, Ji Bao Ru, etc. will be performing a show "GAME" at the Armed Forces Cultural Center, Golden Bell actors and actress will be acting together on the 18, 19, and 20th.

Ma Zhi Dai, while she was dressed as the opposite sex, got off stage and was interviewed. As usual, she was very straightforward in her words. Speaking of the recent guest role in one episode of "Hot Shot," she played the role of Show's grandmother. She complimented that Show is a very smart actor, "but younger actors nowadays don't take enough time to get into a role, so their performances are always improvised, acting needs to be constantly practiced."

Sighs That The Environment Has Changed

In the drama there was a scene where Ma Zhi Tai had to beat Show with a stick, then she is sent to the hospital, and Show has to cry. Ma Zhi Tai said, at the time she was standing in from of Show, with her eyes constantly giving him emotion, "On my emotional shift I gave him a hint."

But she believes that Show has a hard time getting into a role. She believes that younger actors have too much work, after leaving the role for a while, and then returning to act, it's hard to get in character. Back then, she had snatched the Golden Bell Best Actress for "Zuo Ye Xing Chen [Last Night's Stars]" and now the 66-year-old, as she watches idol actors filming, signs that the environment has changed.

Show was criticized as not being able to get into character. His management said, that day the crying scene was filmed only twice. The first time, the director let Show act by himself, and then afterwards the director told him whether to put in more or less emotion. Then the second time was official, and Show did it in one take. GTV also fully supported Show, pointing out that Show's crying scenes can make people watching heart-wrenchingly, the female staff at the scene all cried with him.

Lin He Long Agitated, Almost Uses "3 Character Classic" [*note: Taiwanese equivalence of the 'F' word*]

Director Lin He Long was on full support for Show, so agitated that he had almost used the "3 Character Classic," saying that Show's acting is the most appropriate, and on the contrary, Ma Zhi Tai is the one that was out of it, he had to cut out a lot of her scenes, and then finally exposed that : "For the grandmother role, I was actually planning to get Fang Fang!" [note: Fang Fang is the actress that played Qin Lang's grandmother in "Corner With Love"]

Source: China Times
Translated by o_ost1nao_o

Spoiler:

Last edited by o_ost1nao_o on Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

o_ost1nao_o
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3380

https://love4show.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[04/11/2008 - China Times] Ma Zhi Tai Implies Show Lo Wasn't In Character During Filming, Director Retorts That Ma Was Actually The Weakest Link Empty Re: [04/11/2008 - China Times] Ma Zhi Tai Implies Show Lo Wasn't In Character During Filming, Director Retorts That Ma Was Actually The Weakest Link

Post by o_ost1nao_o Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:48 pm

I think it's really sweet that the Management, GTV, and even the director stepped out to say something.

I didn't think it was such a big deal, because I mean everyone is free to opinion, but I guess Show's management, GTV, and the director all take pride in Show's acting. So when she made that comment, they all got offended.

Smile Yay for Show. :]

Director Lin is so funny...he's so straightforward.
I can totally picture him getting fired up over it. hahaha <3

o_ost1nao_o
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3380

https://love4show.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[04/11/2008 - China Times] Ma Zhi Tai Implies Show Lo Wasn't In Character During Filming, Director Retorts That Ma Was Actually The Weakest Link Empty Re: [04/11/2008 - China Times] Ma Zhi Tai Implies Show Lo Wasn't In Character During Filming, Director Retorts That Ma Was Actually The Weakest Link

Post by Tonya Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:04 pm

great director!!!!!
Thanks stina for translation^^
Tonya
Tonya
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1639

http://luozhixiang.forumfree.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by ..|dreeam|.. Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:00 pm

All hail the director! hahaa he's so funny .. even in a serious situation like this one.

omg... they could have used Fang Fang... i loved Qin Lang's grandmother =P .. but then again..this is Hot Shot and should be different from Corner With Love
..|dreeam|..
..|dreeam|..
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by stuipid445 Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:05 am

I would prefer fang fang to be Show's grandmother , because that Ma Zhi Tai critizied Show.. and i am not happy about that...
stuipid445
stuipid445
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by xSHILIN Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:16 am

Mad fancy her criticizing show's acting! esp. his emotional scenes & those where he needs to cry! anyone who have watched corner*with love & the behind the scenes clips will know that show can get into the situation very quickly. da s has also commented that how amazed show can be into the scene & cry almost effortlessly. & definitely, even for those who have not watched it, they would 1oo% believe GTV's & the director's words over what that actress said. hurray for show! thumbs up!
xSHILIN
xSHILIN
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by vickie Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:20 am

She hecka made the wrong choice. LOLS...cuz, look at Director Lin's reaction! AND, ppl will hate her. AND although Show does joke around,,but hey! he's tryin to make everyone happy, she gotta APPRECIATE! Show's hecka professional;D If she doesnt wanna be the grandmother, theres probably lots of grandmothers, or other actresses out there that wants to be in Hot Shot!
vickie
vickie
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 2435

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/casin8

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibberish. Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:29 am

The director sure love Show xD
hahahahs ;D I TOTALLY LOVE FANGFANG IN CWL
hhahahas she was so funny xD I wouldn't mind her acting in HS :}

Gibberish.
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by luoi87 Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:42 am

The Management, GTV, and the director are very good Surprised
All they support Show Very Happy i'm very happy n touched
luoi87
luoi87
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by joycesqh Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:49 am

Evil or Very Mad she actually critisized his acting skills?! how dare her when she knows that there are thousands of people out here waiting to bash her up?! but still.. awwwww.. EMI, GTV and the director are all so sweet! Very Happy
joycesqh
joycesqh
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 35

http://lzxforlife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by littlecutekitty Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:39 pm

my god, screw this "ma" person 8-) i want FANG FANG! -______-
who does she think she is. just cuz she won an acting award a LONG time ago, doesn't mean she should be critical of young actors -___- ESPECIALLY one that works HARD.
she should stfu, stop being so critical, and try to retrieve what she had in her a long time ago to act so well 8-).
sure, she's old, more experienced, but come on, have a little faith in our Show =)

also, GTV and the director are awesome, supporting Show like that <3 and in the end, the "ma" person got told. pretty dried i'd say, but she deserved that ^^.
littlecutekitty
littlecutekitty
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by nato_jung Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:10 am

Why she spoke like that?
She will should give an advice more than comes to criticize!
The audience is will a referee by oneself when the drama on air .
I think Show good atc >>>sure!!!!!!
nato_jung
nato_jung
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 59

http://www.showthailand.com

Back to top Go down

Post by missfangirl Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:35 am

i think its unprofessional of her to criticise an actor (nevermind who, just any actor actually) in public. i mean, if she has any comments she could have told him face to face in private right?

and its like so dumb of her to criticise Show, of all people, since he has like so many fans and has proven himself as an actor to the entertainment industry. of course people will get riled up. great way for her to have some news. LOL.
missfangirl
missfangirl
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 531

http://pretzel-knot.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down