Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[09/30/2009] Charlene Choi's new drama won't be airing; 'Shanghai Sweetheart' rushes to replace

+11
woainishow
ka1020
rokziie
sze92
MUNMUN
freya1507
anastastia
xiaozhutaitai
kriztetalovesxioazhu
miakaloveshow
avondale09
15 posters

Go down

[09/30/2009] Charlene Choi's new drama won't be airing; 'Shanghai Sweetheart' rushes to replace Empty [09/30/2009] Charlene Choi's new drama won't be airing; 'Shanghai Sweetheart' rushes to replace

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:07 pm

Bad news (and it is bad, because rushed filming is never good).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Charlene Choi's new drama won't be airing; 'Shanghai Sweetheart' rushes to replace

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Source: UDN
Translation: Sarah @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Idol drama 'Calling For Love' which was originally slated to release on the 18th of October is still unable to get approval from mainland China. Hence, yesterday afternoon, CTS announced that Angie's other drama 'Shanghai Sweetheart' will be replacing. But many of Charlene's fans are extremely angry, and have started heated debates online.

Charlene Choi & Mike He's drama 'Calling For Love' have already stood up the audience twice, both reasons were because they were unable to get approval from China, and hence still has not yet aired. Yesterday, on the CTS official discussion board, there were many angry fans pointing out that CTS has already aired 2 weeks of 'Calling For Love' previews, and they can't just decide not to air it. There were also fans who wanted the producer to 'toughen up' saying: "Why does China have to decide whether a Taiwanese drama can air or not everytime?!" And Charlene has revealed that recently, she is developing health problems and often faints, and hence wants to take a break for 1 year.

CTS is extremely worried about what's going to happen now. Yesterday, they rushed to hold a conference, and decided to air Show Luo & Rainie's drama 'Shanghai Sweetheart', which is still filming, first. 'Shanghai Sweetheart' only recently went to Hang Zhou to film, and now with this recent decision, they are rushing to film to be in time for airing. 'Shanghai Sweetheart' will follow 'Fairy Tales Under The Star' and then 'Calling For Love' will air after that.

Back to top Go down

[09/30/2009] Charlene Choi's new drama won't be airing; 'Shanghai Sweetheart' rushes to replace Empty Re: [09/30/2009] Charlene Choi's new drama won't be airing; 'Shanghai Sweetheart' rushes to replace

Post by avondale09 Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:19 pm

I have mixed feelings about this, idk, I'm kind of excited. Though you're right, rushed can't be good. Does anyone know when Fairy Tales Under the Stars is airing??
avondale09
avondale09
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1438

https://www.facebook.com/inbox/?drop&ref=mb#/profile.php?id=6

Back to top Go down

[09/30/2009] Charlene Choi's new drama won't be airing; 'Shanghai Sweetheart' rushes to replace Empty Re: [09/30/2009] Charlene Choi's new drama won't be airing; 'Shanghai Sweetheart' rushes to replace

Post by miakaloveshow Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:24 pm

wow really its gonna be air im really excited about Show' s Drama bounce whoo...i hope its true so sad with charlene..
miakaloveshow
miakaloveshow
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1555

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:10 pm

I'm guessing "Fairy Tales under the Star" isn't the correct or real name, because I can't find it anywhere. So I don't know, sorry 'bout that.

I'd rather CFL be aired first and wait for Shanghai Sweetheart, because for one, CFL was completed first and is better edited. Shanghai Sweetheart will be rushed, and the storyline may not be as developed. And Show will be exhausted. So I still think it's pretty bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by miakaloveshow Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:47 pm

Last edited by miakaloveshow on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
miakaloveshow
miakaloveshow
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1555

Back to top Go down

Post by kriztetalovesxioazhu Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:48 pm

aww.i feel bad that they have to rush 'Shanghai Sweetheart'...poor SHOW he'll get really exhausted. it shud be exciting to watch SHOW's drama but idk i think they should not rush it just because 'Calling For Love' is not allowed to air...i feel bad for those people who are waiting for CFL to air.i hope their fans will not target SHOW and his drama with issues.

iloveyou SHOW!!!
xiao zhu forever XD
kriztetalovesxioazhu
kriztetalovesxioazhu
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by xiaozhutaitai Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:13 am

may I ask where will you guys watch Show's "shanghai sweetheart?"
hehe...
because we don't have GTV.. only CTI, CTS.. Sad
can I watch it online?
xiaozhutaitai
xiaozhutaitai
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:29 am

Well, when it comes out I'm watching online on a site that streams immediately--dramacrazy, viikii, or veoh. Dramacrazy uploads its own or streams. Viikii uploads from streams. Veoh...I really don't know. But yeah, I watch it there (without subs, though). If it goes on viikii and IF no one else is subbing it, I will sub after I watch when I have time. But I think it will be subbed.

Back to top Go down

Post by anastastia Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:48 am

Just go to tw.sugoides.com. There you can watch the newest idol drama and variety show. I always watch 100% entertainment there. Hehe Very Happy
anastastia
anastastia
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by freya1507 Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:00 am

ooooohhhhh
i feel very very sorry for charlene and mike he .... aishhhh ... they really should have their drama now ....
and btw it makes me incredibly angry this china thing .... why the h* does every tw drama needs to have parts in china too ... and then they get probs .... if china is such *** then just shoot the drama in tw ... and no probs at all look at "black & white" "happy to get her" "miss no good" ....why do they need china *zip

i'm actually quite happy that we will get to see shows drama sooner .... ^^ and i'm sure even they are still shooting while airing they can do a good job .... i know its not uncomun that dramas work like this (kr. full house the same thing) .... but the promoting schedule will be crazy

jia you xiao zhu and rainie

and i think we will get subs pretty fast ... maybe sublimes ???
freya1507
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3484

Back to top Go down

Post by MUNMUN Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:16 am

erm... actually ii am quite confused now... so that means Shanghai Sweetheart will be airing on 18th of October?
MUNMUN
MUNMUN
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by sze92 Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:36 am

i just hope they won't reduce the episodes. plus rushing the productions won't do much good to the drama. i hope show's health will not be affected. plus, i feel really bad for mike and charlene.

sze92
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 980

Back to top Go down

Post by rokziie Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:14 am

though im happy that they'll air shanghai sweetheart first..
its also a big risk to rush filming.. since show will be busy too preparing his album.. he would be super tired. xp

i've watched the cf CFL, i thought they already finish filming
and they will air it almost the same time of momo love on ctv. So Fairy Tales will be next then shanghai sweetheart? It would be aired early of 2010? how about charlene, since she is taking a break, how about passionate years? aiyo~
rokziie
rokziie
Staff Superior
Staff Superior

Number of posts : 1061

http://wretch.cc/blog/roxyanne18s

Back to top Go down

Post by ka1020 Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:57 am

i feel bad for charlene. rush filming is a bit difficult but, i'm very excited that SS will be airing soon! Very Happy
ka1020
ka1020
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by avondale09 Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 pm

Does anyone know what Fairy Tales Under the Stars is actually called? I can't find it anywhere, and I'm interested to know what it's about and when it'll be airing and stuff.
avondale09
avondale09
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1438

https://www.facebook.com/inbox/?drop&ref=mb#/profile.php?id=6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:04 pm

freya1507 wrote:ooooohhhhh
i feel very very sorry for charlene and mike he .... aishhhh ... they really should have their drama now ....
and btw it makes me incredibly angry this china thing .... why the h* does every tw drama needs to have parts in china too ... and then they get probs .... if china is such *** then just shoot the drama in tw ... and no probs at all look at "black & white" "happy to get her" "miss no good" ....why do they need china *zip

i'm actually quite happy that we will get to see shows drama sooner .... ^^ and i'm sure even they are still shooting while airing they can do a good job .... i know its not uncomun that dramas work like this (kr. full house the same thing) .... but the promoting schedule will be crazy

jia you xiao zhu and rainie

and i think we will get subs pretty fast ... maybe sublimes ???

They need China because China is gigantic. (I know, pretty obvious). But China's a big market for Taiwan entertainment--a really, really big market, so they need to use it. But to use it, there are a lot of restrictions. The dramas you named still aired in China, though. Just later. And China might or might not be strict because of the celebration going on (today, in fact) for its 60th anniversary--big thing.

I don't think they will be shooting while airing. Because they've gotten latter parts done, are currently working on earlier parts, and still need to do more. So it's all mixed up (unlike Japanese dramas, which shoot as they air because they shoot in chronological order). Taiwan dramas shoot not in chronological order, so it gets all mixed up.

Back to top Go down

Post by woainishow Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:32 pm

^ Did they say any reason why CFL was being denied air time in China? Or is it just politics? I really hope that Show's drama does well anyway Smile
woainishow
woainishow
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 850

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/bianca21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:41 pm

They didn't say a reason why. Just that CFL missed the "needed to film in China" time limit (at least 1/3) and there are some issues, or something .It's all very confusing, as both Shanghai Sweetheart and CFL are written by the same (Taiwanese) writer.

Back to top Go down

Post by kprincess Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:17 pm

OKAY.. This is bad.
I'd rather they slowly finish their scenes and episodes before deciding on airing it. Airing it earlier while filming at the same time is so Korea-style and after reading all the stuff on how they survive the hectic schedule, you'll feel so sorry for them.

I just hope it doesn't affect their health and schedules.
kprincess
kprincess
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1727

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:24 pm

^Japan also does the filming while airing thing--actually, Japan basically always does the filming-while-airing thing. But it is true it gets hectic--they can't get sick, can't do other things because they must finish.

I just found out--actually, Show and Rainie were supposed to finish filming SS by mid-October anyways, because of their respective schedules. So they actually aren't going to be rushing filming--just production.

Back to top Go down

Post by xiangxuanlin Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:12 pm

aaaw, i feel bad for charlene choi's health since she is working hard on to her projects as well as for Show and Rainie since they are really working hard, I hope they wont be risking the quality of their work as well as their health. Jia You Show!
xiangxuanlin
xiangxuanlin
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1499

http://ghelxlin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stargazer319 Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:57 am

Show Luo can do that!!! I trust his talents in acting and his hard work!!!
Stargazer319
Stargazer319
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 129

https://www.youtube.com/user/stargazer319

Back to top Go down

Post by annakebana Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:17 am

Last time postpone, now they want it to be aired faster.
It's okay I know my Show could always do he's best.
I'll hope this drama would be very popular(:
annakebana
annakebana
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down