Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[10/06/2009 -ZJ] 'Shanghai Sweetheart' secretly filming in Hang Zhou; watching Show Lo play ugly is very funny

+8
xiangxuanlin
megan_702
kriztetalovesxioazhu
miakaloveshow
keirins
freya1507
avondale09
sze92
12 posters

Go down

[10/06/2009 -ZJ] 'Shanghai Sweetheart' secretly filming in Hang Zhou; watching Show Lo play ugly is very funny Empty [10/06/2009 -ZJ] 'Shanghai Sweetheart' secretly filming in Hang Zhou; watching Show Lo play ugly is very funny

Post by sze92 Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:07 am

Source: ZJ news
Translation: Sarah @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

“His new style, can’t say that it’s unrepeatable, but it’s definitely unprecedented!” Rainie Yang laughs, while pointing at Show Luo beside her.

Mushroom-head, big black-rimmed glasses, fancy striped t-shirt paired with white shorts, knee-high socks, cartoon backpack and a Pink Panther cartoon watch; yesterday, the Show Luo standing infront of reporters makes people think: ‘Invincible Lin’.

“This isn’t ugly, it’s cute! Never seen a male artist like this eh? Actually, guys have to do this, to be able to make a breakthrough!” Show Luo says, with a triumphant pat on his mushroom-head.

Rainie Yang did not expect Show Luo to look as silly as this

Earlier, reporters visited Show & Rainie at the filming scene of idol drama ‘Shanghai Sweetheart’ in Hang Zhou. This drama, produced by reknowned producers Huang Jing & Angie Chai have secretly been filming at Hang Zhou’s First World Restaurant.

There were already many rumours of Show's hilarious new style but the result was much more ‘cool’ than the reporters had imagined. Especially when watching Show & Rainie film scenes together; Show’s jaw would naturally start protruding, and every time he finished saying a sentence, his teeth would slowly stick out, and all this matched with his whiny voice & silly lines, fortunately, Rainie was really strong enough, and was able to continue filming with him.

“Not even! Actually, my humor level is very low. At first, it was very tiring having to face him. Afterward, I had to force myself to look straight at his face, and then eventually I started getting used to it.” Collaborating in an idol drama with Show for the first time, Rainie said that she didn’t expect Show to look as silly as this: “In his previous dramas, he wore t-shirts, riding his bike, very simple, very fresh & cool, this time he’s literally transformed into Silly Big Brother.”

Laughter also comes from Show’s ‘love-rival’ in the drama – Lee Wei. Yesterday, he specially brought ‘Shanghai Sweetheart soup’ (mushroom & stewed chicken) to visit the filming scene. When he saw Show, he couldn’t help but point at the mushrooms in his soup and then at Show’s hair and crack up laughing: “The day I saw his style, I really didn’t know what to say, extremely funny, especially his ‘jaw’, even when I talk normally, my jaw will start protruding like his.”

Show Luo says that guys have to do this to be able to make breakthrough

It seems that Show is clearly enjoying being laughed at. Yesterday, he told surprised reporters that this new style was actually designed by him.

‘The character I play ‘Da Lang’ is a very pure, innocent guy. His family is very rich, but because he was protected very well since he was little, he hasn’t met any form of evil humanity in life, so when he goes to study at a university in Hang Zhou, he causes a lot of big jokes. 2 years ago, when I was discussing this character with Angie sis, I told her I previously had a make-over to look like this; wearing a wig, glasses, and looked quite silly. Afterward, because I thought it looked too similar to before, I added this ‘protruding jaw’

It seems that Show already has his own way of interpreting this innocent character ‘Da Lang’: “For example , when I blink, I have to blink slower than others, when I wear cute clothes, my actions can’t be too big.. the main thing is my actions, they have to be a bit exaggerated, a bit comical. Even now, even when I talk normally, my jaw will naturally start protruding. Bu I really do like this style, and later on in the drama when the director makes me look very handsome, I actually can’t get used to it! Never seen a male artist do this eh? Actually, guys have to do this, to be able to make a breakthrough!”

And according to Rainie’s revelations, not only does Show have to look ugly for this drama, he also has to endure her constant ‘abuse’: “Filming this drama, I’m always having to curse him!” Even the kiss scenes are very ‘intense’; “I’ve never seen a girl kiss a guy like that, it’s very exaggerated, very big movements, very wild.”

Louis Koo laments that making the audience laugh is the most difficult

Show Luo’s breakthrough is not only in his performance in ‘Shanghai Sweetheart’. Next Friday, Taiwan TV industry’s most prominent awards ceremony – the 44th Golden Bell Awards will announce the winners. After ‘The Outsiders II”, this is the second time Show has been nominated in ‘Best Actor’ for ‘Hot Shot’. When asked whether he has any anticipations towards the awards, he replied saying that he will bring a feeling of preparing to congratulate someone else, to the awards ceremony.

“Actually, I’m already very happy at being nominated, because this shows that the judges have noticed my performance. Did you know? When my manager received the news about me being nominated through the phone, he kept repeating ‘how is this possible!’ – see, even he didn’t believe that I would get nominated. Same with me, when my manager told me, I was still asleep, and the first words I said was also ‘how is this possible!’ But this doesn’t mean that Show is modest; “Before the nominations were announced, there was someone that commented saying that I acted in too may comedy roles, and was worried about me being stereotyped to the role, and won’t have a future. But when I heard the good news, I rang him and said, see! Who said acting in comedies won’t have a future!”

When asked Show who this person was, he refused to name any names, but is certain that he is definitely not worried about being stereotyped, and purposely looking ugly for ‘Shanghai Sweetheart’ isn’t to get bonus points from the judges in this year’s Golden Bell Awards.

”There was once when I was chatting with Louis Koo. He said that actually, making the audience laugh is the most difficult thing. Because acting in a tragedy, if you have a good script, good music, when the male & female lead’s mood comes, the audience will naturally start crying. But this isn’t the case for comedies, not only does it depend on the language, it also depends on the actor’s body movements; very difficult. And actually, if you observe closely, my previous dramas ‘Corner With Love’, ‘Hot Shot’ strictly speaking are not regarded as pure comedies, it’s just a bit funny at the beginning, but afterward, it’s back to the main topic. Same with this drama ‘Shanghai Sweetheart’, afterward, I will start competing against Lee Wei for Rainie. If a drama is funny from beginning to end, then the audience will most likely end up switching the TV station, and feel that there’s not much content.”

sze92
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 980

Back to top Go down

[10/06/2009 -ZJ] 'Shanghai Sweetheart' secretly filming in Hang Zhou; watching Show Lo play ugly is very funny Empty Re: [10/06/2009 -ZJ] 'Shanghai Sweetheart' secretly filming in Hang Zhou; watching Show Lo play ugly is very funny

Post by avondale09 Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:17 am

Hmm. Informative, lol. I wonder how long Show will play Da Lang for before he changes to his better looking, older character.
avondale09
avondale09
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1438

https://www.facebook.com/inbox/?drop&ref=mb#/profile.php?id=6

Back to top Go down

[10/06/2009 -ZJ] 'Shanghai Sweetheart' secretly filming in Hang Zhou; watching Show Lo play ugly is very funny Empty Re: [10/06/2009 -ZJ] 'Shanghai Sweetheart' secretly filming in Hang Zhou; watching Show Lo play ugly is very funny

Post by freya1507 Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:41 pm

wow very long and informative ...thanks for sharing ^^
freya1507
freya1507
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3484

Back to top Go down

Post by keirins Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:23 pm

Thx for sharing^^
keirins
keirins
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by miakaloveshow Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:25 pm

yap its too long Very Happy i hope he got the trophy for Best actor....he was the one who can do a fuuny thing like that..its not ugly at all is the acting ever...
miakaloveshow
miakaloveshow
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1555

Back to top Go down

Post by kriztetalovesxioazhu Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:52 am

wow that's a very detailed information.thanks a lot!!!

well im really curious about how the drama will flow from SHOW being cuute,funny Da Lang to his rich,handsome role...and Lee Wei is included too.OMG OMG OMG he's cute too.now im really hyper to watch it.
good luck to them.i hope their drama will get high ratings and SHOW will will a lot of awards soon.

iloveyou SHOW!!!
xiao zhu forever XD
kriztetalovesxioazhu
kriztetalovesxioazhu
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by megan_702 Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:05 pm

cool...can't wait to see this!
megan_702
megan_702
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 246

Back to top Go down

Post by xiangxuanlin Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 am

This news article really excites me! I really cant wait!!
xiangxuanlin
xiangxuanlin
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1499

http://ghelxlin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ellehcir1408 Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:49 am

i just keep on laughing everytym i see him play da lang.. he looks really cute and funny at the same time.. the more news are released, the more excited i get.. Smile
ellehcir1408
ellehcir1408
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 437

Back to top Go down

Post by woainishow Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Thanks for sharing, very detailed! Smile

It was interesting that the article pointed out that Show's other dramas had funny parts in the beginning and some later, but that mostly they were dramas filled with "drama"...

lol about what Show said though...if the whole drama was a huge comedy, I'm not sure if I would keep watching...but I might just for Show ^_^
woainishow
woainishow
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 850

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/bianca21

Back to top Go down

Post by annakebana Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:42 am

If the whole drama is a comedy, I would definitely watch it. It's because, I don't really like sad stories. I like it to be more exciting and fun. Something to laugh at.

Actually, anything goes as long there's SHOW(:
annakebana
annakebana
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by kprincess Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:15 am

Oh wow. that was long. thanks girl.

Ahh, to make yourself ugly for a drama is noble but erm yeah. let's just do it once and never ever do it again. My heart can't take this type of visual shock.
kprincess
kprincess
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1727

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down