Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

"Hi My Sweetheart" becomes a sacrifice hit, Xiao Zhu fans curse "Because of You"

+14
annakebana
miakaloveshow
littlecutekitty
woainishow
dramalover03
IHS
Nana
CutieHeart918
shiminio
Exuvalia
Maryan <3 SHOW LUO
ka1020
avondale09
sze92
18 posters

Go down

"Hi My Sweetheart" becomes a sacrifice hit, Xiao Zhu fans curse "Because of You" Empty "Hi My Sweetheart" becomes a sacrifice hit, Xiao Zhu fans curse "Because of You"

Post by sze92 Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:08 am

Source: UDN
Translated by catalie @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even well-tempered "Da Lang" gets angry; on GTV's "100% Entertainment", Show Luo vented about CTS' unfair treatment of "Hi My Sweetheart" which he stars in. As it aired, many loyal fans have not only supported the drama online but also cursed CTS' upcoming drama "Because of You" [lit. Fairytale under Starlight], in the hopes that ratings will drop severely.

Show Luo and Rainie Yang's CTS drama "Hi My Sweetheart" is coming to an end. Furthermore, tonight there will be an extended 135 minute episode (10pm to 12:15am) and next week there will be a 45 minute conclusion. Following immediately after it, will be Baron Chen, Megan Lai, Lego Li and Chie Tanaka's "Because of You" which will compete with CTV's "Down With Love". CTS has explained that tonight's episode will be a "Winter Holiday Special Extended Episode" but netizens have been extremely angry, exclaiming that it's basically a sacrifice hit and even Xiao Zhu has expressed his dissatisfaction, venting his feelings on GTV.

During the show, Xiao Zhu was so angry that he pouted, "Clearly it was meant to be broadcasted until February, why is it now only until January 31? It's such a good [show to] watch, why does it have to end so soon?" After that he said that tonight the drama will be airing for over 2 hours but students need to go to school the day after, yet the week after, it'll only be airing for an hour; everyone worked so hard, only to have such an ending.

In regards to this matter, CTS Deputy Chief Hu Han Xin explained, "Hi My Sweetheart" was filmed as it was airing so it was more difficult to estimate the length of the drama. CTS couldn't bare to cut anything from the last two episodes but the promotion period for upcoming drama "Because of You" has already been set so in the end, the only compromise was to air an extended episode of "Hi My Sweetheart".

Tonight there will be lots of drama in "Hi My Sweetheart", there'll be kidnapping, beatings, loss of memory, falling into water and "Winds of September"'s Teresa Daley will also make a guest appearance, making Xiao Zhu [Da Lang] fall for her. Produce Angie Chai sighed, if only she knew melodramatics would produce high ratings early, should she start with adding drugs next drama?

sze92
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 980

Back to top Go down

"Hi My Sweetheart" becomes a sacrifice hit, Xiao Zhu fans curse "Because of You" Empty Re: "Hi My Sweetheart" becomes a sacrifice hit, Xiao Zhu fans curse "Because of You"

Post by avondale09 Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:29 am

Hmm... idk, I kinda understand both sides. I totally understand that Show should be angry, he worked so hard just to have this stupid schedule/airing thing happen, it's not fair to him or to the others who worked so hard on the show. And also, he's right, it's not fair for younger fans who have school early the next day to stay up past midnight.

But... like the CTS Chief said... HMS was still filming while being aired, it's not like they could predict exactly when it would end, and it wouldn't be good for their channel to put everything else on hold just for that, of course they hafta continue scheduling other things to keep the channel going.

But then again... it's not really the fault of the HMS cast and crew either, it wouldn't have taken so long to film if not for all the China bs about filming in Hangzhou, right? Isn't that what happened? And that's what happened- and is still happening, right?- to Charlene Choi's drama?

^^correct me if i'm wrong about anything!

Really unfortunate misunderstanding, I wish it could have worked out better than this, I seriously hate seeing Show upset =(
avondale09
avondale09
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1438

https://www.facebook.com/inbox/?drop&ref=mb#/profile.php?id=6

Back to top Go down

"Hi My Sweetheart" becomes a sacrifice hit, Xiao Zhu fans curse "Because of You" Empty Re: "Hi My Sweetheart" becomes a sacrifice hit, Xiao Zhu fans curse "Because of You"

Post by sze92 Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:43 am

actually he was dissatisfied but it wasn't as the articles said. like "Show was SO angry he pouted" he wasn't SO angry. he was just upset and he has the right to. all the cast worked so hard. everyone did. it is an unfair treatment to me. to me they are just trying to boost up BOY's rating.

sze92
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 980

Back to top Go down

Post by ka1020 Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:22 am

aw. in my opinion, it is so unfair to end hi my sweetheart this january, airing 2hours tonight and 45mins the next week & followed by the upcoming drama? but yeah, i super agree with show! it is so unfair to air it 'til midnight, while students will go to school in the morning. haha. show has lots of young fans! lol. Very Happy
ka1020
ka1020
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by Maryan <3 SHOW LUO Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:54 am

hhmm..CTS is so unfair , HMS is a good drama
and has nice ratings but i think it is aired too shortly [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Maryan <3 SHOW LUO
Maryan <3 SHOW LUO
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 472

http://profiles.friendster.com/43352540

Back to top Go down

Post by Exuvalia Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:21 am

Which episode of 娛樂百分百 did he express his dissatisfaction? Does anyone know? :/
Exuvalia
Exuvalia
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 429

http://www.exuvalia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shiminio Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:54 am

There's always a storyboard during filming. The production team SHOULD know the total length of the drama & I don't believe that CTS doesn't know about the total number of episodes there will be when they bought the airing rights of the drama...

Feeling so rubbished now. urgh
shiminio
shiminio
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by CutieHeart918 Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:34 am

Exuvalia wrote:Which episode of 娛樂百分百 did he express his dissatisfaction? Does anyone know? :/
here it is 1/21/2010 Live episode of YLBFB
Spoiler:
he's just disappointed and sad about it. cos it's really unfair for them and knowing that HPTX is doing good. he said something that he's just voicing out what his fans'(internet) opinion about this.
CutieHeart918
CutieHeart918
Staff Security
Staff Security

Number of posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by Nana Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:25 am

it such a pity that the serial is airing in the night...
since many show's fans will going to school in the next day..
but i think.. CTS has its own reason why HMS is airing in the night.. maybe because its a romantic film..n maybe the target is for young-adult...
it just my opinion..
because every slot in TV has its own target...
Nana
Nana
Fan Club Officer
Fan Club Officer

Number of posts : 575

http://www.ecy1212.space.live.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IHS Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:52 pm

I also wondered why they did it this way... Comes out that it's because of another drama... ugliness
Show was sooo cute in that clip xD he has well right to be disappointed Sad

Btw, loved today's episode of HMS. But I wanted to kill Da Jie and Xuezhang more than once xD
IHS
IHS
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 178

https://www.youtube.com/IHSblitz

Back to top Go down

Post by dramalover03 Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:01 pm

i'm going to miss hms Sad
dramalover03
dramalover03
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by woainishow Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Well, I agree that Show was upset...but angry? Not really, it's just the writer trying to 'puff' up the article a little. Personally, I believe that since it was because of CTS' schedule problems that caused Hi My Sweetheart to be aired early in the first place, then they should let it end properly as retribution. They had no problem postponing CFL (which I think could have been approved, there probably would've just been a couple weeks' delay w/ reruns)...but now they want to bump Hi My Sweetheart out of the way again? That's like giving it the short end of the stick twice.

I can understand the station's point of view too though, they don't want to have to delay another drama like they had to do with CFL...it's too bad the following drama is also getting some bad karma b/c of this schedule fiasco

shiminio wrote:There's always a storyboard during filming. The production team SHOULD know the total length of the drama & I don't believe that CTS doesn't know about the total number of episodes there will be when they bought the airing rights of the drama...

Feeling so rubbished now. urgh

I can understand. You're right, most times they do have a finalized storyboard...but although the production team would know the approximate length of the drama, there's always little things that might come up later and they have to adapt the script to it...remember when that Typhoon hit? That lost them some valuable time in shooting the scenes, and they were finally able to get back on some sort of schedule. So while I'm upset about how this all turned out, I just hope any future collaborations of Show and Rainie's can be recorded and aired without major problems Smile
woainishow
woainishow
Staff Member
Staff Member

Number of posts : 850

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/bianca21

Back to top Go down

Post by littlecutekitty Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:57 pm

what?! this is pure bullshit!!! >=(
why does the next drama have to come so early -___- surely it can wait =S
honestly, they jam packed everything into 2 hours? -__- that affects the mood and timing of the drama cuz everything will be so rushed, you wouldn't have time to soak everything in. Hi my sweetheart was doing so freaking well too! *sigh...
bullshit. screw the next drama, i hope they do very bad. >=)
littlecutekitty
littlecutekitty
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by miakaloveshow Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:44 pm

yap xiao zhu was really right..maybe they follow what Show decision and the fans also...HMS was really good drama and so sad it will end already(im gonna miss it..da lung/hsueh hai :)Show was really upset to it..i think the next drama is not gonna be hit as HMS does....
miakaloveshow
miakaloveshow
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1555

Back to top Go down

Post by annakebana Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:04 am

Yup it's unfair for the school kids.
You are so caring show!
Work hard till the end and we will support you till the end! (:
annakebana
annakebana
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by hitsugayali Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:22 pm

thats not fair, Ctv is so inconsiderate, i would feel the same way as show would, i mean a lot of fans are still in high school and college, midterms are coming up and all too and it makes it difficult for the fans because some like me cant choose betweeen wat is more important, school or show, Smile
hitsugayali
hitsugayali
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by munirah Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:47 pm

ya i dont quite like it though. but ep 13's rating increased to average 5.14! i like!

munirah
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by skgervacio Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:32 am

Show Luo really cares about his fans. I love it.Smile

skgervacio

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by mylooove Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:48 pm

WTF! THAT IS GAYNESS. sacrificing such a gooood drama just for another drama..? man. Show is soooo sweet to careee~

mylooove
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down