Love 4 Show || Show Lo's International English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SFC Update

2013-14 SFC Members who would like to access the SFC section for translations,
Please send a message to >>Admin<<
(Include : Full Name, SFC ID, SFC Username, Email)
Thank you!

2012-13 SFC Members
The DVD and Story Book translations are available on request, please contact Stina for info. Thanks!

------------------------------

------------------------------
1st Japanese Album
The SHOW

-------------------------------

[05/12/2008 - China Times] "Hot Shot" On Deck To Air : Show Lo "One Outstanding 'Pig'"

+8
Nunzia
luoi87
ammer_sweet
Tonya
xSHILIN
kprincess
Killer_smile
o_ost1nao_o
12 posters

Go down

[05/12/2008 - China Times] "Hot Shot" On Deck To Air : Show Lo "One Outstanding 'Pig'" Empty [05/12/2008 - China Times] "Hot Shot" On Deck To Air : Show Lo "One Outstanding 'Pig'"

Post by o_ost1nao_o Thu May 15, 2008 11:28 pm

"Hot Shot" On Deck To Air : Show Lo "One Outstanding 'Pig'", Jerry Yan Sells Pretty Face - Targeting Overseas

05/12/2008

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GTV's idol drama "HOT SHOT" promoting with 3 big shots Jerry Yan, Show "Xiao Zhu [Little Pig]" Lo, and Chun Wu, is soon to air. Even before its TV broadcast, it has become a huge anticipation. But people who have seen the scene cuts all had the same feeling, that Show was "Outshining," overpowering both Jerry Yan and Chun Wu! In regards to this awkward question about the emphasis in roles, Jerry expressed that he was "guesting," so he doesn't care about the role emphases.

Show Lo Takes On Stephen Chow's Comical Style

In the drama, "Yuan Da Ying" Show Lo and "Dong Fang Xiang" Jerry Yan are teammates, so the have lots of scenes together, they're the main characters of the drama. It's been said that due to foreign invitation, Chun Wu had already expressed that he's just the supporting role early on. Now that the scene cuts are out, whether you're talking about the scenes or character role, Show Lo is obviously more emphasized. In the drama, besides acting comical, he also has to act cool, even a simple motion of throwing a basketball, he flies up to the basket in 'frog-style swim,' like Stephen Chow's silly style.
*note: 'frog-style swim' = 'breast-stroke'

Jerry Plays Green Leaf, Love's Support

In contrast, Jerry's performance is a lot more quiet. Most of it is just a focus on his face with dialog, his handsome face is obviously the selling point. As for Jerry being the "big supporting role," his manager Ami said, "We were a supporting role to begin with! Jerry had said before, he filmed 'Hot Shot' to help out the producer, role emphasis shouldn't be compared. Acting with all your effort is more important."

Foreign Film Companies Dish Out Money For Jerry

The production expenses for filming "Hot Shot" had exceeded $60 million NTD, relying on only the Taiwan market is not enough to get that back. As of now, Mainland China, Southeastern Asia, Japan, and Hong Kong foreign rights has been sold already, and finally broke even; GTV's vice general manager Lai Cong Bi said that Jerry Yan is more popular overseas, so almost all the companies bought the rights for the film because of him.

The supporting role has become the most selling point, even though Jerry doesn't mind, but does it make sense logically? Lai Cong Bi explains, early on the roles had been said for Jerry and Show, one quiet, one active, respectively, he believes that both of them are lead roles. Recently there was news that rumored because production was running behind, so the drama broadcast would be postponed until October. Yesterday Lai Cong Bi refuted, "'Hot Shot' will be following the original plans and air during the summer."

Source: China Times
Translated by o_ost1nao_o

Spoiler:

o_ost1nao_o
S.F.C. Family
S.F.C. Family

Number of posts : 3380

https://love4show.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[05/12/2008 - China Times] "Hot Shot" On Deck To Air : Show Lo "One Outstanding 'Pig'" Empty Re: [05/12/2008 - China Times] "Hot Shot" On Deck To Air : Show Lo "One Outstanding 'Pig'"

Post by Killer_smile Fri May 16, 2008 12:34 am

i seriously cant wait for it man.>!! i wanna see how active he is gonnna be>.SHOW!!!!!
Killer_smile
Killer_smile
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

[05/12/2008 - China Times] "Hot Shot" On Deck To Air : Show Lo "One Outstanding 'Pig'" Empty Re: [05/12/2008 - China Times] "Hot Shot" On Deck To Air : Show Lo "One Outstanding 'Pig'"

Post by kprincess Fri May 16, 2008 7:31 am

i'll just die from dissappointment if they postponed it..
haha.. luckily it's not~
really, REALLY can't wait for it!!!
his character is gonna be so cool~
i can just picture it.
kprincess
kprincess
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1727

Back to top Go down

Post by xSHILIN Fri May 16, 2008 8:05 am

I'M SO EXCITED! HOT SHOT! weeeeeeeeees~! definitely a hit of 2oo8!
xSHILIN
xSHILIN
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonya Fri May 16, 2008 10:23 am

it will be the best drama of this year I know!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jia you men!!!!!!!!!!!!
and jia you xiao zhu!!! our king Wink
Tonya
Tonya
Stage Hands
Stage Hands

Number of posts : 1639

http://luozhixiang.forumfree.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by ammer_sweet Sun May 18, 2008 2:01 am

i'm confuse that Jerry is the lead role? or he is a supporting role?

can't wait to see Show's development,too
ammer_sweet
ammer_sweet
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 222

http://ammersweet.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luoi87 Sun May 18, 2008 5:42 am

Jerry and Show, one quiet, one active Very Happy so curious!!
I'm anxious to see "Hot shot" Razz
Thanks stina very much I love you
luoi87
luoi87
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Nunzia Sun May 18, 2008 7:30 am

Italy is waiting this drama too....

many manga readers said to me..."It's wonderful! I have to watch it...absolutely!!"

I am sure the 3 actors will be really amazing and cool....
Nunzia
Nunzia
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 98

http://luozhixiang.forumfree.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by littlecutekitty Mon May 19, 2008 1:01 am

lol, when i read that it was gonna be postponed until october, i was like, no effing way! i was so pissed off ...until i read the next line XD
littlecutekitty
littlecutekitty
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 324

Back to top Go down

Post by anne911 Mon May 19, 2008 8:10 am

yeheey it also shown in the phils. but sad to say they only promote jery and wuchun,...... huhuhuhh
anne911
anne911
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 203

http://friendster.com/cassidyshaw

Back to top Go down

Post by stuipid445 Tue May 20, 2008 7:59 am

Why do they only promote Wu chun and Jerry only and not SHOW too ?? If they are really doing that ...then they are really biased....=(
Hopw they also promote SHOW too so that he becomes more popular..
stuipid445
stuipid445
Fan Family Member
Fan Family Member

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by luoi87 Tue May 20, 2008 9:47 pm

Dont worry about it Razz
I'm certain that when "Hot shot" is aired, Show will have much more fans than now Very Happy
luoi87
luoi87
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by nato_jung Thu May 22, 2008 9:47 pm

I wait for this drama " Hot Shot " and excited to get see a role of three idols star.

I think the charactor at Xiaozhu play must good certainly Wink
Waiting!!!
nato_jung
nato_jung
Freshie
Freshie

Number of posts : 59

http://www.showthailand.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down